Need help moving from indoor to outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ricks929, Mar 9, 2010.

1. #1 Ricks929, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    Im waiting on an order of 27 seeds that i should have by the end of the week and i need help figuiring out when to start germinating. I live in the Northeast region of the US so i know it has to be after the last frost. Can anyone please tell me when a good time to start germination and in what stage and what height i should bring them outside? I am planning on putting them in the ground, not leaving them in a bucket. Im goin for quanity & quality so Ill be keeping 4-6 plants inside and 4-6 plants outside. My grow room is 6'W x 4'D x 6'T and Ill be using fluorescents, then 1000W MH, then 1000W HPS. If it matters, the strains(all femenized) are (10)White Rhino, (6)White Russian, (5)White Widow x Big Bud. Then single seeds of White Widow, Blue Widow, Diesel, Blue Fruit, and Blue Hash. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanx.

2. I'm not familiar with those strains. but what I do when I'm gonna move stuff outside is start it in the beginning of march inside... keep it on 24/7 lights... then move it outside after last frost...
    beginning to end of april or so...

but that's just me.

3. Thanx for the reply. Out of all of them i think the Rhino is the most durable. Most of them are in the White Widow family. So if i get them on Friday should i start germination right away? Obviously 1/2 of moving them outside is Mother Nature but is there a certain height they should be or the maturity of the root system. Basically do they have to be indoors under artificial light for a specified period of time before moving them? Or dosent it matter? Sorry,I spent a decent amount on the seeds and dont want to screw my 1st grow up. Thanx again bro.

4. honestly i would germinate them as soon as you get them... as for the whole trasplant thing, I would wait a little bit until they are somewhat stable... maybe a few weeks, or a month... depending on what kind of setup you have...

you just don't really want to transplant them when theyre too little... more risk to hurt them

like I said, wait a little bit until after last frost, then you should be fine..

when u transplant them, do it on a day when you haven't watered them, so the soil is nice and dry, and sticks together...

if you do it after you water then the root ball will fall apart and roots will be exposed, risking injury.

my best advice is let them go a month or so, then move them outside. they don't necessarily have to be 'mature' or not... just strong enough to withstand the transplant.

5. woot woot for 4:20 posts! hhahaha. time to toke up!

6. Ok, Thanx again bro. Ive been researching like crazy the last 2 months, mostly from websites, so any information I can get from experienced growers on here is even more valuable and Ill def. use it.