Need Help - lots of details and pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HD20038, Oct 18, 2009.

1. So I've asked this question on several forums but really havent got any good answers. Figured i'd try out grass city. I have tried to provide as much details as i can (i just copied and pasted a questionaire from another site) and i have also attached some pictures. Hope someone can help!

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on? about 2 weeks
    Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? no, growing in a closet
    What system are you running? Ebb and Flow

What STRAIN are you growing? Dutch Passion White Widow
    What was the establishing technique? clones

What is the age of your plants? 6 weeks
    How tall are the plants? about 9 inches
    What PHASE are the plants in? vegatative
    What substrate/medium are you using? Hydroton
    What is the Water temperature? around 22 degerees celcius
    What color are your roots? White? nice and white
    What Nutrient's are you using? Fox Farms Hydroponic solution
    How often are you feeding? flooding 4 times a day for 15 minutes
    What is the TDS/EC? TDS is around 330 ppm
    What is the pH of the "Tank"? between 5.5 and 5.8
    Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? yes, calibrate often
    How often do you clean your system: once a week

What size bulb are you using? 4 t5's
    What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? around 50%

What is your room temp? about 77 degrees F
    What water are you using? RO

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? no
    Are plant's infected with pest's? no

Attached Files:

2. It's classic Phosphorous deficiency... But why? Everything looks correct...in your list. They don't look very green... Are you feeding them enough? Double your nutes and see what happens. Double check your Ph too...

3. Thanks for the response. Looking at pictures of deficiency's I was leaning towards phospherous as the issue, and agree with you, but I am not sure the best way to correct it. Should I just add another nute to my solution thats higher in phospherous? Is 330ppm too low? I have some tiger bloom that is higher in phospherous but would I really want to add that while they are in veg state? Any and all advice is much appreciated!

4. still hoping for some help on this if anyone has any ideas.

5. 330ppm is your problem, they aren't getting enough nutes.

6. Ok, thanks for the reply. Where abouts should my ppm's be for this stage? Im really trying to dial these girls in. They were doing awesome and then they just started to crash.

7. How old are they? They look to be about 3-4 weeks so I would say go for about 850ppm until flower.

8. just wanted to say thanks for those that helped me out and give everyone a quick little update. For hose who said my girls were under fed, they were right on the money. Alot of people kept telling me it was nute burn, so I was keeping the ppm's low. I decided to go the other way and take the advice of those that were saying I wasnt feeding enough. Man, what a difference. My girls have completely turned around in the last few weeks. All the new growth looks spectacular....roots, stems, leaves.....totally looking sweet! So thanks to EVERYONE for their advice and replys!

9. Excellent! Glad to hear I could help.

I really need to grow for a living... it comes so naturally and its SO much better than my 9-5 :(