need help is it female?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganjahrastafari, Apr 29, 2013.

1. I started feeding my plant a organic blossom booster by bio-tone was wondering what else should I feed my plant and also how to do the hole carbonated water deal? Need help to see if its female, also what kind of nutrients should I feed my plant thanx

Attached Files:

2. Umm there is a lot of misconseption about how to get plants to flower it isnt about nutrients its about light cycle but those arnt preflowers those are the start of new suckers(side branches)

3. You won't be able to tell the sex until after you start flowering with lights at 12/12. Those are just nodes and stipules forming.

Attached Files:

4. Well I can see little white hairs coming from the sides, thouse arent signs then?

5. So yes or no lol

6. Yes (x

7. #8 HaoleToke719, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    No, I don't see the white hairs you speak of in those pictures... And if you haven't started flowering (gone to 12/12 light) yet then you can't see any signs. Also, as far as nutrients, you want to use something high in nitrogen and a bit of potash and phosphate for veg period when you have your light schedules at 18/6, which is where you should be now. You will then need something high in phosphate and lower in nitrogen and potash for flowering when you change light schedules to 12/12. The Fox Farm nutrients are one of the best in my opinion. Fox Farm grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom is what I use.

Those others are trolling you lol, don't listen to them...

The white hairs look more like these on the right, there will be a whole bunch of them:

Attached Files:

8. I figured they were, yea in the pics u cant tell but me i can lol, when is it a good time to start flowering without stressing the plant out?

9. up to you homes. i went 12/12 after three weeks of them popping soil.

10. Oh ok yea imma at least think bout around a month so i can get my flowering room set up , u ever Used LED lights?

11. no but i have seen others on here that do. from what i hear they are the shiznit.

12. I just started and my plant took it good just didnt know if 100 wtt is good or not

13. idk led very well at all but yeah you should be good. i see a lot of 90w ufo's on here.

14. Oh ok thanx bro!

15. yeppers. happy growin'!

16. Just got to think of it as 3 stages. Seedling stage, vegetation stage and flowering stage. Seedling stage lasts for about a week or until your 2nd set of branches pops. It looks like you're on the 4th set, so you should already be in 18/6 lights for effective veg growth. You can essentially keep your plant in veg stage (18/6) for as long as you want. During this stage, you are just growing your plant to desired height and appearance. Once you feel like it is time to start flowering them, you switch to 12/12 lights. This tricks the plant into thinking winter is coming, so that is it's trigger to start flowering and making buds.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using GC Forum App

17. Ok im going to start the 18 on 6 off cycle at 1pm today, how Long should i keep this cycle till the 12/12?

18. However long you want to. You can keep them in veg stage for a long long time and they'll never flower. It is the change of season that matters (or change of light schedule, which is artificial season for indoor grows). You can keep them in veg for 1 week or you can keep them in veg for a couple of months. Vegetation stage is basically a measuring stage. You let your plant get to desired height and growth, then you change to flower whenever you want your plants to start budding. Keep in mind that your plants will grow double in size or more during flowering stage. You can start flowering now if you wanted to, but your yield might not be as big unless you wait for more vegetation growth.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using GC Forum App