Need Help Guys:/ This Is Getting Out Of Hand

Discussion in 'General' started by sam72, Sep 21, 2014.

1. I couldn't find any other area to post this in and being a newbie to this site i apologize in advance if i'm in the complete opposite area for posts like this...but i need some advice big time! background 42 f used to smoke back in my teens and stopped completely when i started my family, they're grown now. I was at a party 5 years ago and someone was smoking and handed it to me and i said what the hell...and i've never looked back. I'm a daily user when i'm not at work that's ALL i do:/ it is getting out of hand now but i don't want to quit, i just want to be a "healthy" user. At first it was a gm a day, then yr by yr it's gotten so high that i now smoke 4 gm min/day, not cool. It's not a matter of needing to smoke large amounts to get high, but because i'm a pig:/ i get it for good $, convenient to get and i love the taste, smell and smoking as a whole altogether, but i need to slow down. I've tried, nothing seems to help because i say screw it and just do it, i have no issue smoking 4 in a row sometimes. I roll it which doesn't help the amount used but i've tried vape n pipe and it's my preference, so i always go back to it, but i don't want to do this anymore:( i've tried dividing it up and getting only one a day...doesn't work, tried when i've been on vaca for many days to try and slow down when i get back, but the second i walk in the door off i go, and i panic the second i realize i'm running low. When i'm at work all day i don't even think about it but the second i walk in the door it's like a routine. On my days off i usually smoke on average 12 j and now it seems its just routine and i don't even realize and when i do i shrug my shoulders and say i'll slow down tomorrow, but i never do, so what now?? This isn't good for my body, bank acct and relationship since i "must" go smoke before we/i go do anything. I don't believe there is anything going on in my life that i'm using it to cover up emotions, i just do it out of habit and because i enjoy it but the reality is i can't continue this much useage. So i'm not sure what to do? it's like eating chips, i can't stop at one.

2. Didn't read the post, but I wish you good luck in life.

3. #3 TheCruz831, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    You can't stop cause you tell yourself you can't stop. You just need to fill up your time with more activities. If on days that you work, you don't think about it, you clearly have the capacity to cut down. You just tell yourself that you can't.
    I took a one day tolerance break about a week ago cause I was super sick, and this was the first time in months. I could hardly sleep, having not smoked, but still. Now, I just smoke one bowl (often topped with oil) and I'm chill. I may want to smoke 45 minutes later, but I try to wait at least 2-3 hours, and on days that I don't have work or anything, I wait till at least 11am to smoke for the first time.
    Really, there's not even a need for a thread. You just have to do it. It's not even a big deal. Go hiking with some buddies tomorrow all day. When you get home, relax for a bit sober. Take some melatonin or something to help you sleep. Next day, wait till noon or so to smoke. All you have to do is get in this routine, just like you got in the other one. Start alotting yourself a gram per day. Each time you smoke, just smoke a bowl and you'll be chill. With the money you save, you can buy a surfboard, guitar, whatever it is that you will progress your pot-independent activities. Then, it's smooth sailing.
    Stop convincing yourself you can't, cause it's extremely easy if you put your mind to it.

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

4. a bit of self control wouldnt go astray.

5. Congrats, your addicted.

You have 2 options.

Act upon those addictions, and not give a fuck.

Or quit.

But walkin around moping and complaining that you don't have any self control is just annoying.
    What the fuck do you want us to do? Come hog-tie you so you don't smoke? Give you support for ill-control?

6. Be a man op.:angry:

dilligaf

7. You've worked yourself into a routine. My advice would be to out down the joint for a month or two. It'll suck for the first few days, but then it'll be easier. After that, use it as a life enhancement. For example, I could very easily smoke 4-5 times a day, but then it wouldn't be fun anymore. It would just be another part of my day. Instead, I only smoke when I've done something to deserve smoking.
    Sit around the house all day? No smoking. Worked out, wrote a paper, studied for 2 hours? Alright enjoy the smoke before bed.

Get what I mean? It's supposed to be something fun, not something necessary

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

8. You're probably addicted, I wouldn't quit, could kill you

9. You need a hobby. Something to focus on instead of your desire to smoke. The rest is willpower, which you may or may not have, but this thread is at least proof that something somewhere inside you wants a change.

It's up to you to make that happen.

10. Shit if you work and like smoking what's the issue its not like its alcohol and killing you... Take a tolerance break.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

11. Sounds like you need a bong man :bongin:

12. Too long. Didn't read.

Too long. Didn't read.

13. damn it OP now I have a craving for sun chips

14. Gross.

15. [​IMG]

16. Only smoke what you can grow, no buying weed.

Then when you grow a pound you can sit your happy ass down and smoke the whole fucking thing.

17. Vape it.

18. Dont smoke joints maybe, use a bong. Will definitely get you high for a lot less weed.

19. #20 ExcretingCretin, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    No joints, try dabbing lol. Take a day off then just take a hit off a bong(not dab). Dont smoke the whole thing. Just take 1 to three hits and then just keep prolonging the time inbetween those. Your tolerance will go down and you prob wont even be capable of smoking as much as before. Eventually 2 nice hits from a bubbler will get you better than the j.

Also get your omegas. Usually they at least help keep you from building too much of a tolerance too quickly. Also try meditating or somthing because you could very well b hiding emotional issues if you have to dismiss them. Omegas help keep you happy also :) good luck hope everything works out. You just gotta commit.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app