Need help fixing double perc (with pics)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by khalorei, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Hey all,
    A friend of mine bought this double percolator (known as "Shroom Lagoon") about a year ago. Since then, through a couple incidents, the neck and a chunk of the bowl completely separated from the rest of the piece. In the pictures, this break is outlined in red. It continues all the way around the neck in a complete circle. The yellow line in the first picture is an additional fracture that hasn't spread far enough to break it (yet).

I just finished epoxying the neck-piece back into the bowl. What I want to do now is reinforce the entire bowl. Has anyone done extensive repairs on a glass piece before? I was thinking of somehow diluting epoxy enough to make it spreadable and wrapping the neck (or maybe the entire bowl) with some thin wire on top of a layer of epoxy. The glass is quite thin so I'm worried about it breaking again. I've never fixed a piece this big so I'm kinda out of my league here.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm not repairing this out of the goodness of my heart. My (stupid) friend got fed up and was going to trash the piece. His loss, my gain :D Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Shameless self bump... I really want to get this piece back in good condition! I'll post up some more pics when I get back from work this afternoon.

3. You said you epoxyed the peice, I've had good results with Krazy Glue alone on a little glass bowl (though I admit its not hard to fix a ~1/4" thick peice of glass.)

I believe so long as your careful removing the slide (and always remind guests if your social with your habit,) you should be able to enjoy it for a long time.

Also a Note: Krazy Glue (or any kind of super glue) will create a white residue on surfaces, but get yourself a soft sandpaper sponge and it will buff the residue right off.