need help finding t5

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bigone88, Jan 11, 2013.

1. All right. I have all the t5 ballist and end fixtures. But I need to buy a housing for them. I'm an electrician by trade. An know what I'm doing. just can't find an empty 4 foot 8 blub t5 housing. Would be very helpful if anyone knows were they could be ordered

2. Did you try online ? Just simply google it.

3. I did I just brings up ones that have everything together allready I've googled my hand off

4. In the old days like 1970's and beyond we made our own T8 racks by mounting the tubes on a 4' sheet of ply and have the ballasts sit on the top with the tubes under, hang the ply on a chain, paint or fix tube reflectors first, and don't drop....lol

Cool...est about this is you can rig up as many tubes as you can in such a small area....far better than anything you may buy, this idea was eventually binned, by some guy showing up with a 400w Mh that he'd stole from a basket ball court....hence the move to Mh over the old T8 T12 and now the T5

peace
    "V"

5. Yeah I have thought about the plywood but the t12 and t8 ends are about an inch wide but the t5's are a fourth of that how you think I could mount the ends if my boards to thick

6. Glue 'em with Epoxy, but you can find t5 attachments that can be screwed to ply, one hell of a hunt but they are out there

7. Got to looking after I read your post and found um. there called standoff's and they will screw to any surface about two bucks a piece ps thanks for the idea's just needed to get over that hump

8. Once constructed and trialled ...please post it up with pix

many thanks
    "V"

9. Definitely will