Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help finding a strain for PTSD

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nononeberry, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I've been recently diagnosed with PTSD (not military related but close) and I'm dealing with dissociative disorder, paranoia, flashbacks, anxiety, and depression. I'm also hyper-vilgilant and always on edge. I've found that at time weed does help at times. I've been abusing alcohol to combat the symptoms I've been isolating myself to feel at least some sense of safety. I have decided that I rather medicate myself with weed rather than use pills as I've had bad experiences with opiate based pills in the past. Also I had issues with liver in the past due to my drinking. What I would like is some suggestions as to what strains may help a person in my condition. I'm planning on growing myself as I am in a country that medical Marijuana is legal but is lacking in compassionate doctors in my local.

On a side note; I want to thank everyone on here because this resource has been incredibly informative and I don't know what to do with out it. From the bottom of my heart thank you one and all.

2. Judging by my experiences (im not an expert so dont take any of my advice as fact) i would say a good 50/50 indica sativa hybrid or maybe a little more indica dominant, such as sweet tooth, headband,or master kush. Something that will ease your symptoms but keep your energy levels high to get on with your day symptom free.