need help ~ drugs effects on athletics (shrooms, alcohol, and xanax)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by aaazack, Nov 4, 2009.

1. OK so here is some back ground:
    I am a swimmer and was a daily smoker for the past 3 years. Over the summer, after to talking with several d1 swim coaches, I have decided that I want to swim at the next level. I learned that they test for weed as well as other things, so i quit smoking on the spot.

My question:
    With my Senior year season approaching I don't want to do anything that will make me slower, or in worse shape. I dont know how to describe it but like will any of these things make me a worse athlete if i use one of them every other weeks (like every other weekend id do one of the three (shrooms, drink, or xanax)).
    Thanks for all of your help

2. No drug would worsen your shape with occasional use. I don't see how you could think it would.

3. There is so much bad information out there

4. False.

True.

It all depends on how often you take them, in what dosages and at what times. If you take them when you have no obligations, and will still have time to train, then a little drinking or some Xanax isn't gonna kill you.

5. #5 Keefmeister, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
    Eat some shrooms and practice swimming in some room temperature water.

6. xanax wont do shit, long term alcohol abuse will eventually cripple you, and idk about shrooms but none of these look like a potentially inhibiting combination

7. thanks that what i thought

8. I'm not a drinker or pill user, but if you do decide to trip on shrooms the only thing that affected me when i was an athlete(wrestling) was that i might not have gotten enough sleep or ate well, but hey we straved ourselves anyway to make wieght. Make sure you get rest the next day and that you eat well to replenish nutrients in your body. Other then that it really didn't much to me.

9. you are very wrong

you should not drink on benzos

10. Then what drugs would?

11. Tobacco use has harmful effects from even occasional use. Any smoking is bad for your lungs.

12. I believe it depends on the athlete and how much they train/play and want to excel in their given sport. I played soccer at the collegiate level last fall and smoked herb every night and usually drank 4 times a week. As long as you work hard in training, you will do fine. I once rolled the night before a game and smoked from 2am til 4am while coming down from my roll and then woke up at 11 am the next morning for team breakfast. i started and played the entire game, which started at 2 pm. Had no problems, even scored and assisted a teammate vs. our Division 1 rival. [i played for a D2 team.]
    sorry for rambling but you should be fine to party here and there as long as you train. good luck.:smoking:

13. I'm pretty sure heroin is unhealthy even if you only do it once. Think about it your shoving a needle full of opiates into your blood stream.

14. Shrooms wash out of your system in a few days by the way.

15. that could only be dangerous if you dont know how or if the needle wasnt new