Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help dealing with anxiety

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Alptraum, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Whenever I smoke alot by myself, I get anxiety attacks. I used to get panic attacks but now I've learned to calm down a bit. This is because of bad things happening in my life, but that's all over now and still I keep getting these anxiety attacks. I started cleaning up my apartment, cooking food everyday instead of buying pizza, started school again (I used to be bummy as fuck) and yet this anxiety persist. What can I do to make this go away? Is there some kind of mantra or technique to calm yourself down? My heartrate starts raising like crazy and I tell myself it's just the weed but then I start getting slight pain all over my body and muscle cramps, which I've realized go away when I relax my body, but none of this helps. I don't really see quitting as an option because weed is just too good of a thing to pass up just because of some anxiety when I know I can cope with it as I've done in the past. Would learning meditation be a good technique? Thanks.

2. Meditation's always a good rule of thumb, imo. Besides that, how much do you smoke at one time? Maybe you're smoking too much. Take a hit at a time, see how you feel, then smoke more or don't, depending on how you feel.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. you need to work on your tolerance.. and maybe switch to an indica.... sounds like your having negative sativa effects. another option is to have a couple of beers when u feel anxiety, not all the time all day.. but you catch my drift.

4. Nah bros, listen. I've been smoking everyday for weeks so my tolerance is high, yesterday I smoked half a joint of Blue Cheese (Not sure if it actually was Blue Cheese though (which is a strong indica), because my thoughts started raising and it tasted like a sativa I've smoked before). I'll try having some alcohol now because I'm gonna go take a bath and relax and just have one hit of this shit and see how I feel.

5. Yeah...just don't smoke so much at once. If that doesn't help you may have to give it up, at least for a little while, let your body and brain adjust. I only ever smoke 3 hits, max 5 at a time and still get HAF. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  6. A lot of times weed amplifies anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's hard to describe the feelings I'm feeling. It's like a slight depression even. Only when I smoke weed, I start feeling like I'm inside of a bubble of sadness and sometimes I break out of it but it always lingers until I wake up the day after. It's a weird feeling and I don't know if anyone's ever felt like that on weed before.