Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help cleaning an ash catcher

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SomeRand, Aug 8, 2012.

1. #1 SomeRand, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    So I bought an ash catcher, and I used it on my friends bong before I noticed it didn't fit my own.. I want to bring it back to the head shop, who's owner I'm familiar with for a new one. The policy is as long as you don't use it you can bring it back for a different one or a refund. I figure if I clean it to the point where it looks brand new, I won't have any problems. However I can't seem to get it clean.

Materials I have on hand:
    Hydrogen Peroxide (rubbing alcohol)
    Cotton Swabs
    Bath Salts (actual bath salts, ie: not the drug)

I tried putting it in a zip-lock bag with a bit of rubbing alcohol, hot water, and salts and shaking it, but that didn't really work that well. I got as much out as I could with the cotton swabs, but there's still a little bit of resin left. Any suggestions? I'll attach a picture if that helps.
    [​IMG]