Need help choosing a desktop vaporizer.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Gnel2201, Sep 27, 2015.

1. I'm looking to purchase a desktop vaporizer but I can't decide which one to get. I use a PAX right now, but I've heard that desktop vaporizers are oftentimes more effective, and also I would like 'cooler' vapor (which I have read desktops will give because of the length of time the vapor stays in the bag to cool to room temp or the time it takes for the vapor to reach your mouth via whip).

I am torn between the Arizer Extreme Q and the VapirRise 2.0 Ultimate. The price between them is very close, so that is not an issue. I just want to get the best of the two. I was about to purchase the EQ but then after reading more reviews, the VapirRise reviews seem to suggest it does a better job at creating thicker vapor. I also noticed that the VapirRise is advertised as having concentrate abilities, while the EQ does not. I am not interested in the 'group vaping' hookah feature of the VapirRise, and I'm also not interested in the remote control of the EQ.

I am currently leaning toward the VapirRise as the reviews I've read say it is the best bet. Can someone please give me some advice here? I've been debating between the two for about 2 weeks now! I just want to order!

Thanks

2. I noticed your other posts mentioning that you want to pass your vapor through water. If that's the case, I wouldn't get either of those but would suggest that you take a very strong look at the LSV that falls within your price range.

3. I took a look at the LSV and the design turns me away from it. I know the looks don't mean everything, but I wanted something that I could set up and not have to hold in my hand necessarily like a portable vaporizer. From people that I have spoken to, the EQ with the water tool is very effective. I'm definitely leaning toward the EQ at this point as it seems like one of the most popular choices out there.

4. Understood. While the LSV is a great vaporizer for water tool use, it's not of everyone.

And yes, I agree that the EQ would be a better choice than the Rise. What I don't like about either the EQ or the Rise though is the air path draws air from under the vape and passes it over the internal electronics before it comes in contact with the heater. Personally, both for health reasons and for taste reasons, I prefer a vape that is mostly all glass in both the air and the vapor paths but I also totally understand that what is a priority for me is not necessarily a priority for someone else.

5. If price is not a huge issue for you I would check out the evo. Glass airpath and some of the thickest hits you will get out of a vaporizer. Can be bought with their hydratube or by itself to be hooked up to any glass you have or might get

6. i Have an EQ. Its pretty good. I will say it is 110% worth the money. All the small features it has like the remote, and auto-shutoff, etc.. can be very useful at times. i Will say the whip/tube the EQ comes with sucks. But a silicon replacement does wonders. I've also put a bigger glass wand on than the stock one. I've grown to really love my EQ. I couldn't tell you if its better or worse than the VapirRise but i will say that you wont be disappointed with an EQ. I'm actually just a couple seconds away from hitting my EQ. I only paid $150 for my EQ and i got the warranty.