Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by peachnecctar, May 28, 2019.

1. Alright so i have 67 grams of shake, about 2.5oz together i believe and im going to use 10 1/2c sticks of butter. Im guessing the potency is around 16%. Im wondering how potent 1/2 a cup of the butter would be in the end for when i decide to use it in recipes. Thanks

2. I dunno the math...but...
    When I make butter, I test it, even if it's 1tsp, or some spread on toast. Tells me all I need to know.
    I think by what you've said it should be more than "strong enough"...and if you think it's TOO strong, just heat it up and add a little more butter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Total THC = 0.16*(67,000 mg) = 10,720 mg
    Butter = 10*(1/2 cup) = 5 cup
    Potency = (10,720 mg THC)/(5 cup) = 2144 mgTHC/cup
    1/2 Cup = (2144 mgTHC/cup)*(1/2 cup) = 1072 mgTHC

In reality, imperfect decarb and inefficient processing will probably reduce this by a factor of 2, so I'd estimate about 500 mgTHC per half cup butter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. #4 Joker1121, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    67 grams at 16 % gives you 10700 total THC. If you calculate extraction @ 75 % it gives you 8000 mg available . So 10.5 sticks of butter gives you 766 mg per stick of butter.
    These are the numbers I got assuming straining.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Your ratio of 1 ounce per pound of butter or oil is on track. I always bump it up 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra of oil per pound to make up for losses in the straining.

The decarb determines so much, and adding a freeze then reheat mid process can create heavier sleep inducing effects in my experience.

I recommend doing your process, then portioning out 8 of your 1/2 cups without the freeze process, then using the remaining cup or so leftover to test the freeze method (if you want to experiment with variables)

Looks like you've been provided with the math for thc content, but small things in the processes will change your outcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I did a batch of cooking oil with 2 cups oil and 2.5oz sugar leaf and cuttings, decarbed and crushed to powder, then heated in with oil using hot water 2pot method, oil and weed was in jar and set into a pot of water that was brought to a boil then simmered for 6 hours, strained out oil and jarred. Left jar sealed in a dark place till cooled. Just made popcorn lastnight using 1/3 cup oil and 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, 2 teaspoons sugar to sweeten and drizzled with chocolate. Wife ate half the batch avoiding my warnings and she still is in bed and wont get out. Think it does the trick.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thank you so much! That’s so incredibly helpful

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. #9 peachnecctar, May 30, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Just took my first one :) did 1/3c of butter instead of 1/2 and its estimated around 15mg per cupcake so im pretty happy with how it turned out :D

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. I use 80 grams and 4 sticks if butter or 100 grams and 16oz of coconut oil. I have a magical butter machine. Been making eds for over 10 years

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1