Need help ASAP! PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Metalace, Aug 4, 2008.

1. #1 Metalace, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
    Ok heres the low down. There outdoors, i was using chicken poop as fert then moved to 9/12/12 and finally i just bought some 15/30/15. I water every 2 days sometimes everyday. It has been 90+ most days. They just started budding. I first thought the problem was heat so i was giving them more water each day. Then i thought they needed epson salt. Tried that did nothing. So i dont know what the problem is. Heres a picture of a leaf i cut off. It has began to spread all over my plants. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Need a picture of the whole plant. Looks like it might be nute burn though. Do they need that much water? How often are you feeding them with the waterings? How strong of a nute solution are you mixing? You should only be watering when the plant needs it, if the soil feels dry, water it, if it feels moist, dont. With a 15-13-15 fert I wouldnt use more than a half strength dose once a week.

3. looks like a calcium lockout. too much potassium or nitrogen can cause calcium lockout.

Solution to fixing a Calcium deficiency
    To fix a calcium deficiency you can treat by foliar feeding with one teaspoon of dolomite lime or Garden lime per quart of water, Or Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Calcium in them will fix a Calcium deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
    Or you can take crushed up dolomite lime or garden lime in a gallon of water and water it in the soil. 1 to 2 teaspoons per gallon of water, which will be slow acting. Garden Gypsum, which is medium absorption. Limestone, which is medium absorption, Rock Phosphate and Animal wastes which are both medium/slow absorption. Note: Caution when using gypsum to an already acid soil (pH that is less than 5.5) can have a very bad effect on different types of plants by effecting the absorption of soil aluminum, which is poison to plant roots

hope this helps:smoke:

4. if theyre in flowering its usual for leaves to wilt and go yellow

NOTE, usually the bottomleaves will die duringflowering, if its all over then you defo got some problem

5. Dude how close are your lights to your girls and what is your grow room temp? It looks like heat stress to me. There are clearly holes in the leaves, this is not a symptom of a calcium deficiency and is not a normal reaction during flowering. Nute Burn as hootskers420 said is possible but not next on my list, I would say more likely just overwatering would be the issue if you are soil growing as plants shut down uptake and start to dehydrate and lockout all nutes and water uptake when you overwater now if you are growing hydro then hootskers could very well be on the money as when your EC is just too high overall your plants will also lockout nutes and water and dehydrate. It is hard to diagnose without detail. So lets see some more pics and detail detail detail: Humidity, Temp, watering schedule, Nutes, EC, PH, Medium, Hydro or Soil, distance of lights from plants, week and stage of growth and every other detail will help. If your lights are closer than 12 inches and your temp is over 80 degrees and or you have little or insufficient ventilation you can solve the problem with more fresh air and backing the lights off a bit. Do this and also flush your plants with a neutral 7ph water only at a voulume of twice the dry volume of the container you are using(2 gals of water if you are using 1 gal pots) Then use half the nutes you normally use in your next two waterings and work your way back up to full strength over a 2 week period. Keep your EC under 1200 for a while to be safe if you're a hydro gardener. If you just want to safeguard calcium deficiencies then add 1 oz dry fine dolomite lime( $5.00 at home dePOT) to the soil and work it into the first 3 inches of the soil with a fork before flushing. This will feed your plants enough calcium all the way through flowering. If noe of this works or you just want more help you can private message me and I will be glad to help. I haven't been on this site long, but I have 13 years experience as a professional horticulturalist and I am glad to help anyone. PEACE! :)

6. #6 Metalace, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008

Well there outside. It is usually 90+ outside everyday here. I read after it gets 85+ it starts to use twice the amount of water and will pull it from older leaves. So i water everyday if possible. I used to feed with chicken shit then i started using 9/12/12 when it started to flower and now i use 15/30/15. I dont fert them maybe a lil every 4-6 days, so i know its not fert burn. But it has small holes in the leafs. Starts to brown from the outter edge to the middle. Sometimes middle then runs to outter edges. Idk i dont check as often. The holes usually turn brown to white around it. Then it turns yellow and dies. Sometimes it doesnt have holes just turns brown then white and dies.The plants look healthy besides the leafs with problems, cause it is still growing. Also it could be cause of the plants being like 2 or 3 feet apart. The tallest one has gotten to be over 6 feet tall, while the smaller one is all bushed out and it like 3-4 feet tall. Its covered in side branches and looks like it was LSTed. The buds are covering all the side branches. Since i dont got any lime, i put some of my crushed pill mix in some water and soil feed them. It has a ton of calcium and other vits in it. Also there planted in the soil. The plants have been around since march 7th.

7. it's definitely a Phosphorus deficiency. Are your ph'ing your nute solutions? Chances are your soil is acidic and locking out phosphorus among other things. I would add some dolomite lime to yoru topsoil and start phing your nute solutions. Also, I wouldn't feed for a bit, just water in order to try to give them a bit of a flush

check these out

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/plant-nursery/107527-revised-complete-guide-sick-plants-ph.html

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/attachments/hydroponics/128649d1116061394-ph-level-nutrient_chart.gif

8. Thanks yo ill have to test it out. I dont have a ph`er so idk what its at. there arent any pine trees around so idk if the soil is really acidic or not.

9. I checked that site out. They didnt have any pictures just like mines so i think its a compound of problems.

10. #11 Metalace, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
    Ok i found some soil doctorx pulverized gardenlime how much should i apply to each plant?

11. Looks like classic nute burn to me, how often are you feeding? I suggest a large flush, 1/2 the nutes next time it needs water and see if it gets better, it should. So many people are concerned with pumping there plants full of nutes to get more yield and they end up giving them way too much. In the end it hurts the yield way more than if ya had just increased at a slower level, even if ya never hit the optimum ppm.

12. #13 Metalace, Aug 7, 2008

I dont feed them alot of nutes. A tablespoon maybe less per plant. I usually fert each week or 2.

13. #14 Metalace, Aug 7, 2008
    I have a total of 3 plants that are effected by this problem. 2 have just white spots and browning no holes. I was high when i posted the thread so i forgot to add that the older leafs have all died off and a few newer growths are being affected by the problems. So it first started off as the older growths turned yellow fell off then it started getting worse and doing the holes n stuff.

14. A tablespoon unfortuantly doesnt mean much of anything, do you take a ppm reading. What is the standard dose it gives on the package? as every nute is different. Plus nutes need to be slowly increased from 1/2 whatever the bottle says to whatever you are shooting for in the end. either using to much to quick or using just plain to much can cause nute burn.Just because my plants can handle a tablespoon of flowering nute by flushing time doesnt mean I started 12-12 with that much.

15. Its dry fert and it says tablespoon per plant. Also i have added only the new fert to one plant not the others. The one i added to loved the hell out of it.

16. What kind of nutes are ya using where it says use 1 tablespoon per plant. Usually ferts have to be mixed in water and given during waterings. So the dosage would say maybe 1 tablespoon per gallon, but per plant is wierd. How old are the plants? Did you flush before starting 12-12? If not lockout could be the issue. Were you using veg nutes before 12-12?

17. It was some tomato fert 9/12/12. I added it to the topsoil then watered. They sprouted march 7th. Mother nature has flushed my plant many times over. It rained 3 or 4 days stright a few weeks ago and it rained a full day the other day. So I doubt it should be in lock down mode. I used chicken shit for veg mode then 9/12/12 when it started flower.

18. Then it seems to be narrowing itself down to a ph problem. unfortunatly I am not an expert in any way of outdoor,especially when it come to ph and soil issues, so ya might have to get an outdoor expert for this one.

19. thx for trying