Need expert advice about stealth box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Idontevensmoke, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Hello, I have attached below a stealth grow box design. I need advice/help/tips in regards to this method- such as will it work, tips on lighting, and air circulation. The top view of the box shows where the light fixtures will be in red, and the all the gray holes represent air holes. The bottom picture shows the box when opened. I will be using books (blue) to elevate the placement of the plant (going closer/further away from the light as necessary). Again, the gray holes represent air holes. The blue represents pc fans. I will be using 2x 80mm, 1 on each side. I will also be placing 1 dual 80mm fan in the back to turn on when needed. As for height control, I am going to put the plant through low-stress-training, as well as trim it to keep it as short as possible. My main concern are for the lights, I will be dealing with a much smaller space this time around. I had planned on using 2x GE's 30w 1850 lumens 5700k CFL lights/accompanied by 96% mylar- What are your thoughts on this? Will the plant receive enough light?

Edit: I forgot to mention the dimensions of the box. It is 26 inches in height, and 14 inches deep.

Attached Files:

2. Height in there is very restricted. That will be a problem.

3. and you'll probably need at least one more bulb. just LST as much as possible, and flower early.

4. nice ms paint job there

5. Thanks for all the input everyone. I will be switching the lights; I will be using 1x 125w 5700k cfl(center), and 2x 30w 2700k cfl(sides). Hopefully the mixed spectrum's will give me a better photo-veg period. The height is very low- but it's something I am going to have to test and try out myself. I've researched many other stealth lst grows, and their plants go no higher than 14 inches above pot, with at least a 25gram+ yield, which should be sufficient for what I am working with. Again, thanks everyone for your thoughts, any further comments/criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

I don't associate myself with microsoft paint ;)- It's a quicky in a photoshop!

6. I think you have plenty of ventilation, the lights are also ok. My biggest concern if I were you is how small your grow space is. Also, how do you plan on keeping light out with all the vent holes? Anyways, you never know how something will work till you try it so I say go for it and see what you need to change and what works good for you. You might want to check out my thread I'm doin somethin similar with a trashcan.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/216449-my-closet-stealth-grow.html

7. I think ur lil box is a waste of time, did you think you can put 3 bulbs in their and it not get too hot, i think you should do sum research before you start, but thats my oponion...it looks like my recycle bin that I put on the side of the street every monday

8. Make sure you take what strain you grow into perspective with that box, mostly Indica strains keep it small for ya. Sativa might make ya run out of room. (fimming works nice for little boxes)