Need Experienced Growers Opinions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CJsmokeallday, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Okay.. SO basically im looking into growing and i am going to be growing for a personal supply of consistantly good MJ.

Breakdown:
    Im looking to grow sour diesel and white widow because i've heard they are good beginner strains and pretty forgiving.
    Also im looking into either doing a cfl or a straight hps grow.
    I dont know if cfl grows do very well i know they are cheaper and im looking to do a basic grow so i dont need to have profesional set up going on. I'm basically asking what i should do how many plants of my selected strain i need to keep about 2 oz per month. Any questions let me know i can fill you in if you could help me out it's be great.

2. Dont bother with CFL.

Pick up an HPS with a cooltube.

Also, im not sure where you heard WW is a good strain for beginners, thats a STUBBORN strain.

3. I heard it from a thread under absolute begginers i was also looking at ak-48 they said is an easier grow.

4. My very first grow was white widow and ice. Was pretty decent. I'd go with hps and try out big bud from ministry of cannabis. Easy to grow, big buds, and potency is surprisingly good.

5. You want hps cool tubes are good but hoods cool better and the bigger hoods reflect more light.

6. Reflect more light, yes, but they dont cool better :laughing:

7. So how many plants should i need to keep 2 o's a month.

8. Depends on how many watts your gonna use, how long you veg etc. Get a 600w and put like 6 or 9. You should pull enough bud if you veg like 2-3 weeks.

9. How do they not? Mine cool great. It's also the 42" by 30" one. But so much more air rushes by my bulb instead of the shitty cool tubes I was using.

10. Okay so what size jug and medium should i use?

11. First grow? Soil fox farms ocean forest is good. Soils the most forgiving. Mistakes happen. A gallon of soil per foot of plant. If you want a 3 foot plant 3 gallons of soil.

12. A cool tube is just that, a COOL TUBE.

You are forcing air through the smaller space at a higher rate, meaning less volume for heat to radiate and less air it takes to cool the bulb.

Think about this logically... You have a 8x8 room and a 15x15 room. Which one would you be able to cool first with an air conditioner? The smaller room, obviously. It's less area to cover.

You get more coverage and reflection from a non-cool tube, but I'll personally only run cool tubes because I have the ability to get damn near on top of my colas with it.

13. Also very wrong.

Gallons of soil has no correlation to plant height. The more soil you give it, the better root structure you will have, meaning yes, a bigger plant, but also a healthier plant, because it increases nutrient uptake.

OP, use the biggest pots you can fit, smart pots to be precise, they will provide adequate air flow to the roots and it makes it MUCH more difficult for a newbie to over-water the plants.

If your plants get too big, LST (Low Stress Train) them.

Remember OP, plants need a lot of loving and time, but they also need some LIFTA (leave it the fuck alone!)

14. dont use big bud if ur planning to clone. Big Bud is notoriously difficult to root.

15. I'm trying to figure out what strain and thanks a lot @spaced. I like purps are there any easier purps to grow.

16. id recommend Flo, flowers in 6 weeks.

17. Your dumb. I have a hood with a 1000 watt light in a cool tube it had to be 24" away. Now in my hood it is 14" away. Not as cool huh. Wow my plants must be burnt to shit. Or maybe just maybe hoods reflect and cool better. More cold air can be forced by my light in the hood. Cool tubes suck ass.

18. I agree cool tubes are not as good as true hoods but they are for poor people so

Leave it the fuck alone LITFA I love it never heard that before lol

Sent from iPhone 5

19. Lmao for poor people. I've never wanted to use a cool tube honestly I love my hoods

20. Ok will they grow with cool tube yes

But you will see the extra money spent on a hood with your first harvest

Sent from iPhone 5