Need cooling help please...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BlazedATL, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Ok so my cabinet is roughly 32" tall, 14" deep, and 24" wide. My temps are above what I would like and I need an exhaust fan in the box. I am on a limited budget for this grow so I was trying to figure out the best way to cool it off. Inline fans/blowers are out due to price. I was thinking of maybe a bath fan and duct the exhaust outside? I've heard pc fans don't cut it. Any ideas on what to get that can be obtained at big box stores (home depot, lowes, walmart)?

2. Modified stanley blower? It'll run you around $40. Pretty easy to modify to accommodate ventilation hose. You can also get something like the Honeywell table fans at Walmart for under $20, not sure how you'd rig that up, I get an oscillating version for air circulation inside the tent, but not for extraction.

Inline fans are not pricey unless you buy them from big box stores. $70 for a 4" made by Hydrofarms.

3. What's a Stanley blower? Not sure about that one. I didn't want to spend more on my box than I might gain in harvest.

4. Home depot 50 cfm bathroom vent fan $20. I think 50 cfms would be fine, your closet is just over 6 cu ft so your air exchange would be 5-6x per minute. The more ducting you put on it the less efficient your fan will be, so get the bigger fan ($30) if you think you'll need it.

edit: they are pretty loud though

5. I didn't notice the size of the cab. Ignore my stanley blower comment - that's overkill. Honestly some good PC fans would work. They just won't pull through a filter for shit.