Need clarifications from experts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrassBurger, Sep 12, 2013.

1. First off:  I know nothing.  expect my questions to reflect that.

1)  I was once given a clear, slightly dark cloudy gooey liquid in a little dropper bottle.  I believe he called it THC oil.  Maybe "Tincture".  No idea.  I literally could put a couple drops under my tongue, wait 15 minutes, and would experience a full body high that would last a long long time.  No smoking needed.  Nothing.  Exactly what is this, and why does nobody have a clue what im talking about when I ask them if they know where I can get it?

2)  I was told this stuff can be made with different types of solvents (probably the wrong word) like PPG (again probably wrong) or various oil solutes that can be somewhat unhealthy .... and it can also be made with ingredients that are much safer and healthier.  I guess im wondering what the bad version is, and what the good version would be.  I am trying to remember the name of the bad stuff.  Like castor oil or something.  Propane oil .  I cant remember, but I didnt want it in my body.  A friend told me they can make it with a much safer vegetable oil, or maybe even something safer. 

I appreciate any brainstorming / insights into this.  Obviously the ultimate goal is to get my hands on some again, but I need to know what im asking for.  And what type.

3)  Is there another way to get the THC into a liquid form that absorbs sublingually like that?  It truly was my best "THC" experience.  I hate smoking.  I hate the lung irritation.  I hate the smell. 

Thanks.

2. #2 howando, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    It does sound like a tincture, not normally something you can usually get hold of, afaik.  It's the sort of thing you make yourself.  Sounds like someone's made good hash or oil, then dissolved it in some high-proof vodka, or similar.

I know you're an "absolute beginner" in this regard, but I think you'll find more people knowing what you're talking about on some of the other boards.  Try posting on
    - Harvesting and Processing http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/
    - Incredible, edible herb http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/

and you can search the boards for terms like "tincture" and maybe "hash oil" or something like that.

Good luck!

3. Simply called "oil" in my parts.  Usually made with pure isopropyl alcohol. 

Typically you soak leaf or low grade bud in the alcohol for a few hours, stirring regularly.  Then you strain it and let all of the alcohol evaporate.  What's left is a dark green messy goo.   Never heard of people putting it under their tongues tho.  Mostly it was smoked - never really liked it as it was always pretty harsh.

4. #4 howando, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013

oh, yeah you can do like a "quick iso wash" and get some THC extracted, if you're quick and careful it's not too harsh I've tried it, but hours? yuk, all that chlorophyl and plant phenols extracted as well, I bet it was thick black gunk that smoked like shit :(  but i bet it got you high so what the hell.

Tell your friends to search for "quick wash iso hash", and that longer soak = more crap extracted, not more THC!

5. Yup, I'd never make it myself or smoke it willingly, but that wasn't the case in my youth.  

Really harsh but was darn potent.

6. #6 Doc-J, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    Most likely a glycerin tincture. Propeleyne (sp?) glycol is the other stuff your thinking off. Glycerin will have an almost sweet taste. Never seen anyone use iso as an edible, sounds nasty.

You can pick up food safe glycerin from most health food stores or from amazon. Theres great directions here on the forums how to make it, posted by wild will i believe. 1/2 oz of good bud can make enough to last quite a while.

Edit: Here ya go

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/655899-wildwills-glycerin-tincture-how.html

This lady knows how to prepare just about any form of consumable cannabis that you might care to imagine...

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

8. Definitely some tincture! I've had some sweeter tasting stuff which is probably made with glycerin like joker said and I also have a friend that makes another form of tinc, green dragon, using everclear but that stuffs tends to burn a lil more when put under the tongue! lol