Need an expert

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by brownie9091, Apr 15, 2011.

1. I had a bag seed that i grew out and it turned out hermie it wasnt stress it was genetics. Well it pollinated one of my northern lights before i killed it i threw out all the seeds but was going through my buds today from that plant and found one more seed and kept it wouldit be a hermie if i grew it out?

2. Plant wont hermie solely based on genetics.... you stressed it at some point. Feminized seeds come from a hermie plant.

3. Yes plants can hermie from genetics.depends on how they where bred.yeah man most likely if the others hermied it will to but you could get lucky and it be a decent pheno and not do it.i went through a bunch of calio seeds that had that problem,most of them hermied but with some diggin we found a few that didnt but we later got rid f them anyway.Are your 100% sure it wasnt you enviroment though? i noticed you mention northern lights,it dont hermie? not sayin there is a problem man,im just trying to help you access the problem.But in my opinion man,pop the seed it hermies or it dont,if you notice it hermying cut that bitch down before it fucks andything up.are the seeds u have fem by any chance? fem seeds have a higher rate of turning hermie because of there process.but goodluck on it man,stay high!

4. Well the genetic hermie pollinated a female white widow then i kiled the hermie and finished up my time on the widows and harvedted them at 9 wks the white widow had seeds from the genetic hermie that i killed

Yes smokey they can be genetic hermies they make feminized seeds from a hermie pollinating a female plant thats why im asking if my seedwill be fem or hermie

5. #5 VoteYesin2010, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
    There is always a chance of getting a Hermie. Chances are you have a fem. seed.

I'm not an expert though.

6. yeah im pretty sure it will just hermie,but try it out man bout all you can do. good luck man

7. the hermie thing is not a Trait, its a Responce and all MJ (including NL) is prone to it.

this hermie thing is a built in responce to age without pollenation and/or stress of some sort. Once the plant thinks its days are numbered and it hasn't been pollenated it produces either balls or nanners and self pollenates. This is a species preservstion move.

when a breeder crosses one fem plant with another then the progeny has both parents and itself produced without pollenation. thus the progeny of the subsequent plants are "on guard" so to speak and use any stress as a reason to reproduce ASAP.

however the seeds you bred with the non hermie seeds have less of a chance of being hermies. this responce breeds out as fast or faster than it shows up.

8. yeah anything can hermie,alot of landrace sativas and shit naturaly hermie to self preserve.you can breed the herms out but it takes alot of work its not just gonna happin.my question before though is none of you other strains are hermin up not the NL or anything else? yeah is it aint enviromental then the seeds stress real easy or just have had the hermie trait bred into them somwhere down the line.i have ran a bunch of fem seeds and they where all great,still got moms of alot of them just to keep.even stressed ones i have had never popped any nanners out but the only fems i have ran have been freebies from atitude.i wont pay for any fem ones but i dot have nothin against them smoke wise.the calio i was growing was a clone only strain and the breeder self pollinated one of his cuts and made these seeds,i know he ran em again to help stabelize them and get some of the herm out of them but they all still showed.with more work it would have been great i just cant be havin pollin poppin here and there..
    sorry for the book of writing though man,take care and goodluck on everything. start looking into reg seeds to! preserve the race dont wash it up lol

9. Haha for sure man im not doin anymore fems after this grow im gonna get 8 miles high for my next grow and ill still have my white widow mum but im gonna start breeding a few plants with every batch it sounds fun, crossing this with that and over to the other lol thx man i might even work on breeding the herm out of this seed it was such killer smoke haha

10. Also you are correct the NL's didnt hermie just the grandaddy purple i had and thats what pollinated my non hermied NL's now i have one seed i got from my NL plant i killed the hermie as soon as i found out it was a hermie.

Sry if that statement drug on im totally lit right now and tend to be more thoughtful towards what i say.

11. lol im always lit man the more medicated the more dedicated lol.yeah i breed everything i get just to keep the genetics layin around,thats why i only try to run reg seeds so i have a pure mate to breed with but theres lots f shit like reserva privadas kandykush i crossed with my ak just because thats the male i had collecting pollin off of at the time.i got the kandy as a freebie and its dank as shit so i gigured id keep its genetics around somewhere.im running tahoe og right now from caliconnect and thats what i hve been putting all my work into lately.its a awsome strain u should look into it eventually to man. goodluck on your projects man,keep breedin

12. Sweet ill look it up i love gettin seeds reccommended.

13. Sweet ill look it up i love gettin seeds reccommended.

14. lol hell yea me to it stomps ak47,bubbleberry and my masterkush.only thing that stands up to it is my trainwreck and kandykush.i recommend kandy to its dank.lol

15. Ya ive heard some excellent things about kandy kush, i wanna throw a good sativa in with all my stuff i have the NL which knocks me the hell out if i cant sleep bjt i want a sativa now lol

16. lol yeah i keep an assortment i liek to smoke the og's and shit durign the day because its real stoney but it has a real uplifting happy high to it.then at night time i start rippin my grapefruit cross or mixin bowls of bubbleberry with kush.i like bubbleberry dont get me wrong it tastes good as hell and yields decent but damn it seems like it takes forever to finish up and it has a real mellow relaxing high but the buzz just isnt all the way here for me.i like stuff like trainwreck,og,super silverhaze you know sumthin with some punch to it. yeah i have a nl bean i have thought about poppin lately,i have a freebie i got from atitude that is nl/black domina i bet it would be real dank to.
    but stay high man and yeah u totaly need a good sativa,cant go wrong with that!

17. Haha no kiddin i was thinkin nirvanas maui waui but i never seen any journals on it or anything.

18. yeah sounds cool but i dont know,i would avoid it just because of the hyped oldschool name lol.now if you found a old hippie that u truley believed had it then i would run it lol.if your looking at nirvana i am running there masterkush and its great to.there is a bunch of phenos but its all good.just that many diffrent types of highs you get to try on for size and see which ones a keeper.

19. Not a bad idea i didnt take phenos into account. Ya i wish i could find and old hippie with a bag full of maui waui with seeds haha.

20. Check out Shanti shiva its a really nice plant, bright pink hairs huge colas, spearminty flavor like the Jack herer