Need advice!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ezmac22, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Hi, i've been growing for about 5 years now outdoors but this is going to be the first year that i use a greenhouse. This is because i want to make sure my crop is at it's top quality for my uncle that i'm growing for this year who has cancer. I have a few questions that i could use some help with and would appreciate any feedback that you guys could give. First, are there any green houses that you guys would recommend? I just need something that is going to do the job well and won't break the bank. I don't want to spend anymore than a thousand bucks. I plan on having my legal limit of plants and as a household(oregon) so i need something that would house 10 plants comfortably. I am considering switching over from 10 gallon pots to raised beds inside the greenhouse. My concern with doing this is that we have a pretty bad mole issue in our yard and idk how i would have the raised beds in my greenhouse without having the moles destroy my root systems. Could i maybe put the greenhouse on top of another surface or something like that so the moles couldn't reach the soil in my raised beds? Also i plan on using the scrog technique this year and was wondering what you guys thought about that? THE BIGGEST THING FOR ME is i have been mixing my nutrients in separate milk jugs for each plant for years and i am so tired of this long tedious process. is there anything you guys could recommend for watering outdoors that isn't as tedious as what i have been doing? i'm close enough to an electrical outlet that i could run some kind of pump but have never dealt with that before..... any help would greatly be appreciated because i want to provide good medicine for my uncle.

2. i can't provide much help on the greenhouses, but them damn moles! My mother had this problem. they were digging up all her veggies and destroying anything she tried to grow. She got this little solar powered mole repeller for christmas, and hasn't seen one since. It makes a beep noise every minute or so that drives the moles crazy, and they leave. And for watering, you could just have a rain barrel that you mix everything up in, and just put a pump on it and presto. Might not even need the pump, but i would put an air stone in there to make sure it doesn't get stagnant and keeps the nutrients mixed up properly. The only problem really is that your ph WILL flux. used to work with a farmer who did this

• Like Like x 1
  3. idk if you're familiar with this line of nutrients but im gonna be using the over priced but yet worth it advanced nutrients line that has the PH perfect Tech. Last year i used this and it kept my ph from a local well maintained well perfect. do you think this would help the nutrients keep a balanced ph in the barrel or no?

• Like Like x 1
  4. it should, but i have never used the stuff. I've heard that that's how alot of rdwc growers do it, so i'm guessing it works! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. also i think i have fixed my raised beds issue. I think im going to just go with some 20-30 gallon smart pots and call it a day :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thank you for mentioning the mole reppeller. even if i don't put them in the ground i might get some of the solar powered repellers just to get rid of the moles. thanks for the advice man.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So I need your help bud. I have picked a 50 gallon rain barrel off of amazon that comes with a spicket on it. Do I still need the pump? If so what kind of pump would I need? What do I do with the air stone? Just stick it in the barrel? If you could hook a brother up with a link or two I would appreciate it.

8. if the spiket is on the bottom, then it should just flow out when you turn the nozzle. You'll only need a pump if you need more pressure, or have to go a long distance. even then, it'll usually trickle out