Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need advice - plz give me your opinion!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by XxJosxX, Apr 27, 2011.

1. #1 XxJosxX, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    Ok, so here's the deal...

I'm purchasing a cooltube HPS, and need to cool it. I will also eventually need to make a DIY carbon filter. My temps are a bit of an issue, and my grow room is 10' (wide) x11' (long) x8' (high).

Now, my question is THIS...
    6" All Metal Inline Booster Fan 6 Inches Duct Fan 240 CFM

[​IMG]

And the link to it
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Inline-Booster-Inches-GYO2402/dp/B003YFADW8/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_a"]Amazon.com: 6" All Metal Inline Booster Fan 6 Inches Duct Fan 240 CFM,GYO2402: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I can get 2 of these for about $45, and they'll fit my ducting strait away...

-OR-

Stanley High-Velocity BlowerFan (which i would mod)

Here's the fan itself
    [​IMG]

And the link to it.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-655702-Stanley-High-Velocity-BlowerFan/dp/B0001BJDUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303896483&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Stanley High-Velocity BlowerFan, 655702: Home & Garden[/ame]

Then i'd have to do this;
    DIY stanley blowerfan hood exaust - GrowKind.com Marijuana Cultivation Forum

More work and a LITTLE more money, but it seems like it's a lot more powerful.

I'm just curious what YOU guy's think.
    And before ANYONE suggests that I simply get an inline fan, if that was an option, I wouldn't be debating between these 2 items. Both have advantages. The first would be quiet, and won't need any modification. But the second is powerful, and the same price. Not to mention the mods aren't very expensive.
    I'm just worried the inline booster won't have enough power to pull air through my carbon filter once it's built and installed...

Anyway, no fighting, no rude comments, and no insults regarding my going with DIY rather then simply BUYING fans and carbon filters. I'm growing for a single patient (not me :p) and my money goes to help keep my family housed and the water/gas/power, ect on.

Thanks for all your help (in advance) and I look forward to your opinions. Alternatively, if anyone has any other suggestions, cheaper fans, better mod idea's, by all means, please let me know. Keep in mind however that I have between 40 -50 bucks MAX to drop on a fan.

Thanks again guys. I'm ordering within the next 24 hrs at the longest, so the sooner I get this feedback the better!

2. change my vote, i didn't see the quote dammit

3. I don't have mod powers ;-)
    But I take it to mean your voting for the modded stanly? (or meant to)

4. Sorry for double posting, but you really should post this in the cultivation section, it will get more experienced replies, and it belongs there

and yes my current vote should b for the blower, remember that when you gather ur final results

5. Thanks, will do! I spend more time on RIU, so i'm unfamiliar with where this sort of question should go.