Need advice on Outdoor growing options.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DatBro, Nov 16, 2012.

1. I live in Oklahoma and am a college freshman. I will be staying in an apartment with a balcony next fall. I am an avid smoker, well, vaporizer that is (Magic Flight Launch Box). I would like to grow my own cannabis for a few reasons:
    -The weed in Oklahoma sucks
    -I can control which strains I get, so there's more variety (and I know that my stuff is quality)

Keep in mind I DO NOT want to sell, just grow for personal use. My plan would be:
    -2 plants surrounded by other physically similar plants in height, color, shape ect..
    -Grown on my porch, which would likely be second story.

I definitely can't afford the start up costs or risks associated with indoor growing. I figure outdoor growing will be less suspicious, hide in plain sight, if you will.

Feel free to call me stupid for wanting to grow outdoors in an illegal state, though Id appreciate feedback about other options.

2. [quote name='"DatBro"']I live in Oklahoma and am a college freshman. I will be staying in an apartment with a balcony next fall. I am an avid smoker, well, vaporizer that is (Magic Flight Launch Box). I would like to grow my own cannabis for a few reasons:
    -The weed in Oklahoma sucks
    -I can control which strains I get, so there's more variety (and I know that my stuff is quality)

Keep in mind I DO NOT want to sell, just grow for personal use. My plan would be:
    -2 plants surrounded by other physically similar plants in height, color, shape ect..
    -Grown on my porch, which would likely be second story.

I definitely can't afford the start up costs or risks associated with indoor growing. I figure outdoor growing will be less suspicious, hide in plain sight, if you will.

Feel free to call me stupid for wanting to grow outdoors in an illegal state, though Id appreciate feedback about other options.[/quote]

It'll stink up the whole block. If you go indoors with a tent and carbon filter you won't smell anything

3. Datbro - don't jeopardize your college education by growing at your apartment. It's not worth the risks or the worries. By the sounds of your thread it really wouldn't work out anyways since you would be starting the grow in the fall and eventually have to bring the plant indoors due to cold weather. The plant wouldn't get enough light and you can't afford a lighting system; and your girlfriend comes over and tells you it's over because you and your apartment smell like a skunk...see where I am going with this? If you really have a hankering to grow some mj, you could do a small gorilla grow: set it and forget it. Check it out when you're on break from school.

4. ya not sure how you plan on growing all this vegetation on your balcony either.. you'd be better off buying it than trying to grow it..

5. We are doing you a favor. Just abandon that whole idea. Growing weed on your personal balcony in a non mmj. Bad idea. There is nothing that will make 2 plants blend in on a balcony.

6. Thanks for all the replies. Ive thought about it more, and yes it's very unreasonable to grow at my apartment. JPG, your idea is basically what my fall back is. My parents house has a 100 yard deep heavily wooded area leading into a creek. I figure if I spread some seeds and at least get them started, when I come back from break, I can see if i've had any luck.

7. just throwing out seeds won't work.. also something to think about, what if you did throw out a handful of beans and a monster crop popped up on ur parents property? What about law enforcement? what about thieves who could possibly hurt one of your family members? If you are really feeling the itch to grow, i'd think about waiting until you have ur own property or even better yet, go indoor..

8. Mike trich, all very good points that ill take into consideration. My grow would be far behind my parents property in the area of the creek that is owned by the city, so if found, no homeowner could be blamed for it. The location would be close to the creek, but in medium thick foliage. A friend of mine who stays in town when i go off to college will be able to check on the crop every week, and luckily the ivy that grows in the creek is similar in color and shape to a sativa. The plants wouldn't stand out, even for whatever city workers that may visit twice a year to check that the creek is flowing properly and not polluted. I will do the proper research to ensure that the plants get a decent start with the right nutrients and soil, and that they are tended to correctly by my friend.