Need Advice On Neighbor Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Firefly1628, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Let me preface this with: I do not live in a shitty neighborhood. Its a suburb and usually very quiet and boring.

Sooo, I usually keep to myself in my neighborhood, If someone needs help, suagr, a few bucks, etc, they know that if i can help I will. I've lived in my home for 7 years with my hubby.

This last saturday a new neighbor who JUST moved in was out in the street at 3 AM screaming and yelling at someone. Of course I was looking discreetly out my windows, that shit is better than cable. It wasnt bothering me too much, as long as they didnt wake up my 2 year old son.  After 2 minutes of spying my friends and I went back to smoking. Then we heard the screaming escalate. So back to the window we went. There were 4 girls standing in the road yelling at 2 girls standing in their yard. So we KNEW something was going to happen. My yard is completely surrounded by bushes, so we went out into the yard to spy better. Completely unseen!! The 4 girls ended up jumping one of teh girls in the yard, and her friend just ran away leaving her there alone! I wasnt sure if we should call the cops or not, so we waiting watching for a second to see if it would die down. After a minute they dragged her into the road and started bashing her head on the ground! So we called the cops ASAP. We were really obvious at that point hoping  to scare them off, which it did! Unfortunately the cops came too late and the girls that jumped my new neighbor were gone.  The cops didnt really do anything, just checked the girl out, took her statement and left.

As SOON as the cops left she called these girls up and started shit talking. Of course they came back. But this time there were TWO cars. 5 Girls, 6 Guys. They all jumed her this time. So my friends and I immeadiately went outside onto the sidewalk where they could see us, hoping to make them stop somehow. Some one had a gun, idk who but they were talking about shooting someone. So we called the cops again and went inside, I was not sticking around to find out who had a gun. The cops took 20 Minutes to show up!!! Of course the people who jumped her got away AGAIN. This time the paramedics sewed her up and she was talking about pressing charges.

WELL cut to Sunday night. She (the girl we were trying to help) was outside her house talking about "that dumb little bitch who ratted to the cops" The next morning I wake up and my pool liner is all slashed up. 10 different stabs and slashes, completely irreparable. I KNOW it was her, but i have NO proof. The worst part is now my son has no pool for the summer.

So basically what should I do about this?? I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old. I am 5'4 and 130 pounds. so I can TRY to fight her, but shes a BIG BITCH. Also I dont want to be put in a situation where my son can be in danger! IDK i am at a loss trying to figure out what  the best steps to take are!! PLease help me out and thanks for reading my mini saga!

2. Wow, next time stay inside and let her get beat worse. other than that take some proactive steps, get a motion light pointed at your valubles, maybe a camera or two? one pointing at your backyard/pool and one pointing at your cars.

Home security systems are not nearly as expensive as they once were, and a $2 or 300 investment might just save your tires from getting slashed or might keep that $300 pool liner safe!

good luck, trust me i know what it is like to try to help someone only to have the tables turn and make you the target

3. #3 Firefly1628, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    thats what we are talking about doing. This came at the WORST time finacially too. My son is turning 2 in about a month, and we are taking him to Sesame Place (basically disneyworld but all sesame street) So that took $3000 out of savings. We had the Pool installed $1500, Im the maid of honor in my friends wedding so $1500 went to bridal shower, bachlorette party, wedding gift. So we have NOTHING left in savings. I try to put good out into the world, and it never seems to make it back to me :(

4. Well apparently, it's ok with the cops if you want to kick her ass. But... she don't seem to understand that message.

Or if you prefer to be discrete, spray roundup on everything in her yard. Pour a can of orange paint on her front porch. Then turn on her water hose early in the night and just let it run - or stick it in her car window if it's unlocked. Maybe you can bless her car with a shitty diaper under the dash, being how this is summer time and all.

5. Sounds like your neighbor is a cunt. She'll get more of what is coming her way.

6. There's not much you can do. I like how you said, 'I could fight her.' lol..

Probably not a good idea. She's obviously insane so talking to her wont work. Plus she obviously loves drama so if you do something to retaliate, it's just gonna make her day.

What you can do is report the pool incident to the police and do like the one blade above said and install some security lights.

Other than that, leave that crazy girl alone. She's nothing but trouble and you don't want to be involved with that.

7. haha yeah i watched her get her ass beat by girls who were 5 ft nothing and 85 pounds soaking wet haha. But if she were to sit on me it would be game over. I mean i am i vicious little thing especially when you mess with my family, but i would literally be inviting drama into my life and its not worth it. I am just so pissed off. Like I said earlier its my son who is going to miss out, he LOVES the pool, and it will be a while before we can get it fixed.

8. go break shit outside of her house?

9. #9 goneforever, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Best answer yet. Just name your self Karma and pay her yard a visit. ;)

10. She will be waiting for retaliation for a few weeks. Did you have the cops come make a report

Ill be back in an hour or so
    I'm going to where the pretty flowers grow

She is a renter though, and the guy that owns her house is a really good guy, Im sure she would just move and leave him with the bill, and i would feel AWFUL. I am thinking about calling him and telling him that this is unacceptable and he needs to screen his tenants better. This is a family oriented community and we cant have (self proclaimed BTW) "hood rats" ruining the serenity we have here.

12. I like the running her water idea. If you could. Raise her water bill a lot that would be cool

13. Telling the owner about her is probably a good idea. She sounds like she will continue to be trouble if you don't.

14. Yea call the renter and explain about the fight and violent behaviors by her at 2am and how you called the cops . Then she called you a rat and your pool was cut up after that. Get her kicked out

15. Then I would talk to her landlord. Here where I live it's unacceptable to act like that and the neighbors will have you removed.

16. if you have home owners or renters insurance it might cover the pool as vandalism..I wouldnt retaliate but i would tell her landlord and at the least put a fake camera up

17. You look like a cutie. You don't want to scar up your face either. And I know what you mean. Someone messing with your kid is the ultimate asking for an ass kicking.

18. If that happend to my house I'd just call up my buddy's and they are all about trouble, smashing mailboxes with baseball bats and shit, I know I have a couple shithead friends.

19. This is awesome. You're right; it's better than TV.

Basically what everyone else says, but I would add that you should speak to your other neighbor friends that have been in the area longer. There's strength in numbers, and if you guys have neighborhood watch or something, that can often be more handy than just waiting on the cops. 

20. Eleven people showed up to bash this girl. You really don't think she'll get what's coming to her without you involved?