Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need advice on my plant.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tokens, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Yes I know this isn't the right place for this but I tried in the growing section and noone helped... So my plant has begun flowering stage maybe a week ago and at first it smelled VERY dank. But now it just smells like regular weed. Is this normal? If not is there anything I can do to return the amazing skunk smell it once had? Please don't give me advice if you don't know what you're talking about this is my plant.

2. The curing process, if done correctly, will how bring out the correct smell in the plant. And besides, you don't need to worry about the smell until the cure because it's all in the genetics.

I'm no advanced botanist but after 4 plants (2 in flower/2 in veg) it's the best I've got so far.

3. He's not talking about the curing process though, he's talking about the plant as it's still growing.

And to answer your question OP, I've had plants before that have smelled one way one week, smelled different the next, and possibly ended up smelling amazing during or before harvest. Some need a proper cure to bring out their actual smell, which is typically different from when it is chopped.

Don't worry about the smell much, it'll grow on you and you'll come to enjoy the weed regardless, if it was grown decently that is. And smell has no bearing on potency so you don't have to worry about a diminished-in-value product based on your olfactory observations.