Need advice on grow box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xBishopx, Mar 7, 2013.

1. #1 xBishopx, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    Hello everyone! I'm new to growing and have just started to build a grow box out of my old dresser. I haven't began to assemble it, but i plan on buying some of my supplies today for it. My problem is if this is the best way for my dresser. I found a little guide on making a grow box out of a dresser, but i want some recommendations, what works what doesn't and also what problems i can run into and how to fix them. I understand this is asking a lot, but i would greatly appreciate the help. Build a Stealth Grow Box for less than $150 | Hail Mary Jane

This is what i plan on following, but I am on a budget (60$). I have most of the supplies laying around already and most of the others are cheap. My main concerns are the temperature (i live in colorado, room is always 70 or above) the humidity and the ventilation. I don't plan on doing huge crops or anything because i want to grow small bushy indica plants in it. Pretty much give me every bit of advice as you can, if a newbie deserves it though. I would like to learn the growing process on my own, but i would love to have my box just right for my growing.

Thanks again guys/gals. Hope to get some feedback soon!

Attached Files:

2. If your just going to use cfls or flouros then temps wont be an issue as long as you got some air flow. But if ur gonna get a hps or mh or something that puts off some heat your gonna need a tube cooled light and a bunch of ventalation. Just try and aim for like 5000 lumens per square foot. 6500 kelvin is good for veg, 2700 for flower. U can mix or run 2700 all the way through and it'll be fine. I would top it early or lst to keep them short so u dont outgrow ur box. Remember they can grow like 2-3x in height after u switch to flower

3. #3 xBishopx, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    I was thinking of using cfls till i have enough money to get a good set up with flouros. So keep it around 80F during veg stage? Then down to 70 for flower? What kind of wattage of cfls should i get? Since it'll have two areas (veg and flowering).

4. I shoot for lumens more than wattage. Shoot for around 5000 lumens per square foot of ur box and the wattage will just fall in. I keep my box around 75-80 all the way through not sure if a 10* diff will change much.

5. Okay, perfect. I did all i can do without buying anything. I'll hopefully have this done this weekend. Now my main concern is, how can i wire my pc fans to the power supply from my desktop? I know how to splice, but not completely. Any tips?

6. Google that shit. There are threads on here for it and googles the best way to find it

7. Will do, was thinkin there might have been a way that was newer and even simpler.