Need advice on forced flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bongbunny, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Some help por favor. The boyfriend swears by Jorge's Bible, which says not to force flowering until all the pre-flowers are out. But other people says they go to 12-12 lights whenever they want to, with no bad effects. He (the BF) won't go against mr cervantes, but I want to speed things up. We're growing White Widow Max. Any opinions?

2. High there, you can put the plant into 12/12 when you like. I like to veg my girls for a while until they get big but if Im short of space then I'll flower them when it suits me.

Good luck

3. Dear Keyser Söze (fr film Usual Suspects): thanks for the input. Do you wait for your girls to show pre-flowers before going 12-12?

4. Some of the girls that I veg for longer show preflowers but not all of them. I put one into flowering last night which did not show preflowers. Some people put plants into 12/12 just to show sex, then veg them again.

Lots of people around here do not wait for preflowers, infact I don't know anybody who does.

5. Thanks again US. You seem to know whereof you speak. I'll pass your experience on to my guy. But American men can be obstinate and he may not listen. So any further info on the subject from you (or anyone) would always be appreciated. (The mums wants to visit later this summer and I don't want a house reeking of fresh herb to raise her hackles.)

6. Check out the grow journal section and you will see lots of examples of non-preflowered plants going into 12/12.

Good luck with the grow, why not look into making a carbon filter for the smell? There are some good DIY guides on here if you search, also growing is very addictive so you may need one!

7. In a sense, both viewpoints are right. I don't see the need to wait for pre-flowers to flip to 12/12, certainly when you see alternating nodes the plant is ready for sexual maturity. If you flip earlier there is no adverse effect on the plant, but your yield may not be as big for not letting the plant veg longer.

8. The great toasty has spoken, Bong bunny you will not get better help than this dude.

9. i'll tell you who is correct. who do the plants belong to? that is the person who is correct.....

10. "no adverse effect" is the argument I'm looking for. Thx Toasty & US ... I'm shagged from hauling around these 5 gal soil buckets about every morning for watering -- since I weigh slightly over 100 lbs myself. Sooner they're hanging up & drying the better. (Oh hell, I've loved every minute of it so far. These are gorgeous beautiful babes!) But flipping 12-12 sounds cool to me. Thanks again, boys.

11. Growbot: the plants belong to two people of usually harmonious disposition, but in this case slightly different tactics. He's wheelchair bound these days (which explains our involvement in this ... though we both smoked casually since we met as foreign service brats 8 yrs ago.)

12. i switched before preflowers and got a hermie....:(

13. you can go to flower whenever you want with no ill effects. some folks go to flower immediately.