Need advice on dropping out

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Bugsbunny23, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hi gc this is my first post and I'm 19 well anyways my little cousin(16 yrs a sophomore ) wants to drop out of school and work for 2 year then get his GED then maybe go to community college and so on.

His parents asked me to talk to him so he can stay in school but I have no idea what the benefits are I graduated last year and see no point in why he should stay. What are your thoughts on this gc? What would you tell him? Any highschool dropout success stories? If any of you dropped out how'd you go about it?

2. Well i dont think your "cousin" should drop out..

3. I'm torn here because on one side I think high school is fucking retarded and honestly a waist of time. But on the other side I know that once you break away from a normal education path that it becomes easier to just find a job that you get stuck at and never end up going on to better yourself like you've planned.

4. I dropped out and got my GED. What I did was go to job corps which helps you get your GED and trains you in what ever job skills you want and they offer. Also they provide housing and they pay you a bit. But if your not serious about it, you can fuck your self.

As for staying in school it's a good idea. A lot of places now just scoff at a GED and you can be stuck in menial low paying jobs the rest of your life.

But if you just can't stand school or your housing situation then check out job corps.

5. Stay in school, kid.

6. lol dude you made it obviously that the 16 year old is you when you said "i graduated last year and i see no point in why he should stay" LOL, but man i would just stay and graduate, it's gonna make things a lot easier for you after you do, even if you don't think so dropping out is gonna make things a lot more complicated for you, and high school is so easy most kids are just too lazy to do the work, but the work is actually sooooo easy, plus if you grad from high school you will be able to go to a better college/university (also give you priority over other applicants like the ones who dropped out and such as you want to), you will get a better job and etc,

don't be lazy right now through the easy part, if you do the work now then you will be able to enjoy the rest of your life alot more, and think of all the shit that you're giving up because you don't want to put in that little extra effort, dropping out because you don't want to do that tiny bit of work is not worth it AT ALL, put in the work and get that high paying job

[​IMG]