Need Advice On Closet Grow..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by marygoround, May 31, 2008.

1. Well I have a weird closet... The ceiling is about 12 feet high and the room itself is 4x4. I currently rent, so drilling will be a problem.

I am trying to figure out how to odor control. I need a commercial ladder to even get close to my ceiling, and I live on the third floor. So Trying to conceal that hole will take a bit. My Landlady randomly does checks once a month, and checks my closet. It's fine cause I can move the plants and light into a safe spot within ~3 minutes.

The odor, is pretty decent. I want to put a carbon scrubber in, but to get it to vent to my ceiling will be a bitch to take down and hide when needed with the ceiling being 12 feet high. Ozone generators also require ventilation, so I am unsure.

What I am basically asking is, what would some of you do if in my situation? I have about $60-80 to spend right now on the odor control, as I am dropping $100 on hydro setup / light setup. I may just use a carbon scrubber and have it vent like half way up my closet? Open the door for 10-15 minutes per hour. But my biggest problem, is when I open it at night... It makes my bedroom window look like the stairway to heaven, and literally lights up the top floor outside my house. I have 6x 30 watt 6500k CFLs and 10x 27 watt 2700k CFLs. I have them setup for a dual spectrum. All is well with everything but the odor.

2. Everyday, you can make a pot of coffee, cook something, buy some pot-pourri, get some glade-plug-ins, get some bounce sheets, get some moth balls (can cause cancer), get some candles, etc.

I've read that Ozone is dangerous, but I don't see why you can't have a carbon filter and a fan, that shouldn't be too out of the ordinary.

3. Yeah but I plan on having 6+ plants.

4. Whoa and what are the logistics of moving 6 + fully budding plants about 3 to 4 feet tall out of your apartment entirely? Im sorry that sounds amazing to me. And to have the carbon scrubber move along with them because they would probably immediately smell up whatever room they moved into... Are you planning on taking them out of the apartment entirely in those 3 minutes?

Sorry just Sounds really sketchy to me I had the same issue at my last place and just never ended up growing until I moved out to a legal area lol. But yea maybe find the most odorless strain you can.

Jp

5. Well there is an attic right outside the closet they are in. The attic is never checked because the bitch cant get up there. I've lifted tv's and other heavy objects up there without a problem. I can move the hydrobucket im getting, im sure.