Need advice on cloning photos

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Spanish@rcher, May 6, 2018.

1. Hi guys as the title suggest i need some advice. Just realised im nearly out of magic beanz so thought id give cloning a try before i go try my luck for more freebies.

So, Do i just cut a decent branch off at the main stem.
    Slice the end at an angle.
    Dip the end in clonex, stick it in a root riot for a few days to root up.
    then into a presoaked rockwool with a little base nutes and root boost.
    Got a 130w 14K big bulb cfl i use for my seedlings with great success so planning to use that untill theyre ready for the blurples.
    Will this work? Or is there anything else i should know?

Also wondering how long it will take them to root up so i can put them into NFT?
    My seedlings take about 7 days in the rr then 7 days in rockwool to look like that in the pics. Will this be a similar time frame?

And finally, will it just grow like a normal seedling? Like i top all my seedlings at the fourth node. If i top this at the fourth node will it turn out the same as the mother plant?

Bit of a noob question but been growing for a while so figured id post in the advanced section. Not something i ever wanted to try so ive never looked into it really.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance folks :) 20180421_093613.jpg 20180426_185556.jpg

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I use root riots for cloning. I start the day before and throw about a TSP of kelp meal and some a TSP of aloe juice in a bucket add about 1/2 gal of water and let that sit for 24hrs, stirring whenever I walk by. When I'm ready to clone i throw the cubes in the bucket and then take some healthy cuts. I cut the tips of my leaves off, others don't. I scrape stem and then make 45° cut. Dip in whatever rooting hormone you're using and stick in cube. I have a tube out of a broken spray bottle I use to open the hole on the cube. Helps prevent breaking the stem as you're inserting it. Spray dome with water an set under low light. That's how I do it. There's alot of variations, and I believe there is a cloning sticky in the cultivation section. Some strains take longer than others to root. Typically I start seeing roots at 10+/- days. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. You can clone in just about anything. You're way should work just fine. I clone in a cup of soil with no rooting hormones and have no issues. I've even cloned in a cup of water.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cool, thanks for the response guys. Good to know my plan should work. Seen that many folk over my time on the forums moaning about poor success rates so figured there mightve been a certain knack to it. Good to know its as simple as my understanding goes lol.

Will they turn out juzt like the mothers tho aye?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. People who struggle usually either do to much or have a crappy environment. I learned to clone watching my grandmother clone house plants and veggies. All she did was take a cutting from a healthy plant, place it in soil and keep the humidity up. It's really that simple.

You asked if will it turn out like the mother.....a clone is still the mother. Clones tend to be a bit bushier. I take clones in flower to promote even more bushiness but esentially its still the mother plant.

• Like Like x 1