Need advice from experienced growers

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Tirehu, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Need advice from experienced growers
    So i want to grow in a tent, in this house. My mom is getting a new house, so i can rent the upper floors. In the basement there are some people renting.

The room i want to place the tent, the floor is concrete, snd there is a storsge shef beneath the concrete. In the room there is a air pump hester, which pulle air into the rolm, and out. Theres 20-30 meters to each neighbours houses. I want to place a bookshelg infront of the door into the room.

And place a tent in the room it self. On the backside of the house is a huge open space with farm fields.

So im just worried about smell. Since no one will know about the grow.

Will it stink through the bookshelf? If i use a good carbon filter, and exhaust the air into the room, or straight outside?

Worried it will stink into the other parts of the house, or around the neighbourhood.

Going to grow 2-4 plants at once

2. Ventilate it into the room. I wouldn't ventilate it outside unless it was through a dryer vent or underneath a lifted house. Just a small potential security risk (wouldn't be the first time it led to a bust). You wont smell it outside the tent if you set up the carbon filter right n have negative pressure within the tent. 

3. How about air intake? Can i pull air from the room into my tent?

Also how do i make my tent negative preasure? And will it harm the plants?

4. #4 MagnusD, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    Lol no it wont harm your plants. You create negative pressure by pulling air out of your tent faster then it's coming in. You do this by exhausting the air out of the tent at a rate faster then it can passively take it in. Pretty much it's locking the odour inside tent because the only air exiting the tent is now going through the carbon filter. 

You'll know it's working when you see the grow tents walls pull inward. 

5. So if i run a 400mm fan for exhaust. And 250fan for intake?

Thinking about getting a 120x120x200cm tent. With a Phresh 500m3 125mm Carbon filter with a 470m3/150mm fan for exhaust

And a 145m3/100mm for intake. And a 600hps cooltube.

But do i need to exhaust the air outside the house? Snd intake fresh air from outside the house?

Also can i do co2 inside the tent?

6. #6 MagnusD, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    I'm ripped three ways from Sunday right now so I'll shy away from the math for tonight lol(I'll try to remember to come back n see if you got your answer).

You shouldn't need to exhaust it out of your house en-less it's making the house to hot for you and your plants. I started my first grow with a 600hps/mh and it brought the room the tent was in up a few degrees but nothing horrid. CO2 you'll never have to worry about with a small grow. In fact most people will tell you to never bother with it all as it can be a safety hazard if you don't know what you are doing. 

edit:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-designsetup/594150-ventilation-faq.html