Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Advice For Storing Pot

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by badger815, Jun 16, 2013.

1. #1 badger815, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    So I've recently acquired just over an ounce of weed. I know you're supposed to store it in glass jars specifically ones with gasket lids.

Here's my problem I'm submitting a job application Monday and they said they'll let me know if I got the job in a week at the latest, and a friend who works there said if they like you you gotta pass a drug test in order to get the job. So I'm trying to hold off on smoking until then. I'm buying the jar tomorrow but I read that putting in the fridge slows it from drying out.

I live with my parents who don't know I smoke, so will not refrigerating the weed be bad for it? Also, should I leave it in the bag I bought it in?

2. Just put it in a mason jar. So long as you don't keep opening the jar, it won't dry out too much.

3. After putting the Cannabis in a Mason jar put the jar in a cool, dark place.
    It'll keep until you're ready to smoke/vape it.

4. #4 squidrick420, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    You could put the jar in the freezer and really keep it fresh if you want. But it will stay pretty damn fresh for a week in a mason jar alone so you don't have anything to worry about honestly. Keep it out of the light too.

5. putting it in the freezer is a bad idea, dont do that.

6. I've always kept my buds in the baggie I got it in, inside a pickle jar.
    I've heard it thrown around that the plastic degrades the THC or something like that, is this true?

7. Why do you say don't put in the freezer? What is the potential down side?

8. Its really like any dry perishable. (Herbs, coffee, etc.) You want to keep it in a cool dry place, preferably in the dark but its not a huge deal to leave your jar out. A freezer will make all the trichromes fall off the flower over time. Thats how people make hash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Five year old thread
    How long and how
    Just a baggie[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed