need a temporary grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by 4Cave2man0, Mar 18, 2010.

1. So I am ordering myself a 4-20 care package from amazon including movies to watch blazed and I saw they have grinders does anybody know if a cromium crusher or what not is decent and will not shave off microscopic or real small fragments of the grinder itself when it grinds my bud and collects keif

because this 420 i plan on burning through at least an ounce of dank in pretty much all blunts and a grinder would be fantastic

all temporary until I order a space case:rolleyes:

2. chromium crushers rock, go for it.

as with all things that come through the mail, wash it thoroughly first.

3. #3 abnormldood, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    I've had my Chromium Crusher for 2 years now, they are one of the best grinders out there for sure. My buddy has a Space Case and I don't see the hype.. they are just the big name and the quality is obviously great but my Chromium Crusher grinds and collects kief just as well as his does. Never had any problems with metal shavings or anything, the quality is spot-on. Get a CNC made one and it will last a lifetime.

4. i would get a sharpstone =] 2nd best and so much cheaper then dumass overpriced spacecase. spacecase is not worth it!

5. if its a temp grinder, just get one of those 3 dollar liquor store grinders. They work just fine until you get whatever grinder you are in the market for.

6. ^^^ what he said.

7. I don;t see why you need to buy a temporary grinder when your just going to buy another one then you'll just have 2 grinders..just buy a chromium crusher they are cheap and effective. Like abnormldood said, I've had mine for almost 2 years also with no metal shavings and teeth are still sharp. but if you want to pay for the label name go ahead man :)

if you need a temporary grinder don't waste your money..just use your hands

8. CC grinders do kick ass. Not sure what Amazon has it for, but found my 2.5" 4-piece online for $23 shipped.

9. If you want a temporary just use a shot glass and a pair of scissors. If you want a good, affordable grinder, go with a SharpStone. I got mine for about 20 bucks on eBay a year ago and it has been a gem. Never broken, or given me problems of any kind. I wouldn't spend the money on a space case.

10. I have a red 2.25" Chromium Chrusher and it is amazing. All it takes is a quick ISO wash and it looks and works like new. The kief collector works really well, NO plant matter gets in it unless you put it in there. Its only the crystals. Its also still sharp as new over 1 year. It only looks a little beat up because i carry it around ALOT and after you start dropping it you dont care. It still performs as new.

And dont get crappy 2$ grinders like people are saying. They SUCK and its a waste of 2$

11. I would get a chromium crusher for now. I wouldn't trust sharpstones as they seem to be hit or miss in terms of teeth breaking and metal shavings.

12. Yeah.. bull shit ha

The great thing about space cases, just so everybody knows, is their screen has rectangular opening so the kief falls through easier and you get a hell of a lot more.

Any grinder is good for grinding herb.. that's why it's a grinder. It's the kief catcher that makes one better than the other IMO

13. .Shot glass
    .Scissors

14. i got a clear top sharpstone and its been perfect so far

you can find them for pretty cheap on ebay too

15. why don't you just get the chromium crusher and upgrade if it breaks? seems to make more sense than buying 2 grinders that will both work well. I own a 2.5" crusher and a friend has the same size space case. The space case is lighter and it's a damn good grinder. but is it worth the extra dough? ehhhhhhhh just buy some weed and grind it with your perfectly-functioning chromium crusher. It'll work for a loooong time. no metal shavings either.

16. Why don't you just save money and just use a cup+scissors?

I honestly won't use any grinder cept a space case. I've had the chromium crusher, sharpstone, and space case... Space case wins hands down. Seems like the chromium crusher and sharpstone has much more dull edges when compared to the space case.

As crazy as it sounds, i'd rather pay $70 for a space case over a $25 chromium crusher. That's just how good they are.

17. #17 toastytoast, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    I have a Chromium Crusher, its great, works well and the keif buildup is pretty good.

Also if you're worried about metal flakes just give it a good wash when you first get it before using, then dry it and then watch how well it works.

Price is quite good too, either that or those clear top Sharpstones are pretty cool too, but still think Chromium Crusher is more solid.

Go for it man!

Some pics to show it in work.. Featuring Champagne Kush and Hempstar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Unless you're rolling like 20 blunts a day, I don't really see why anyone needs a grinder in my opinion.

But hey, I do vapes and bong hits, so don't ask me :p

19. cheese grater.

jk lol chromium crushers are dope just buy that nd keep it forget the space case

20. I love my chromium crusher, and would suggest you get one