Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

need a t-break?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Omegatune, Oct 1, 2008.

1. okay i know this is going to sound like a stupid question to most of you and i know its somthing i have to decide for myself but i just want some second oppinions from fellow tokers.

for like... 8? months now ive been smoking around 4 bowls a day and then give or take the occasional party or not having any. now its almost october and the last ounce i bought was with all the money i had and will have til late october and my plan was just to go that month or so without smoking so i could regain some tolerance points.
    this is day number 1 of not having any and its going to totally blow i can tell. if i realy want to, i can manage to scrape up enough money to get like a dime a week or somthing until i get a job at the end of this month. the thing is i dont know what i should do... haha i mean i feal like i realy need to try to wait until the end like my plan was. this is because i just feal like i cant think straight anymore hahaha (please dont make fun of me lol) plus my highs dont last half as long as they use to.
    i read in a thread on here one person was like "you will have to take a tbreak eventually if you ever want to feal good again" and i always wonder if i dont take this break that ive tried to take, then im eventually just going to barely be able to get high and not go back or some stupid shit like that hahaha. i feal like im not making any fucking sence at all and im realy sorry if this is a huge waiste of your time if your trying to read this...

i just need someone to tell me weather or not it seams necassary (sp?) that i go on this break. and again i know that i need to decide this, and i will, i just want to know what you think...

again sorry if this dumb

2. It sounds like you could use a t-break, and you have a perfect oppourtunity to take one, so why don't you?

I know it blows, i'm kinda on a mini-t-break (a week), but you just have to find something else to take up all your time.

3. Just the encouragement i needed!
    its just like everything makes me want to get high when i cant smoke haha jimi hendrix will get stuck in my head and shit

god i love jimi

guess il get some cigs and movies or some shit lol

4. i been smoking between 12-20 bowls a day for 15+ years and only had my first t-break a month ago, went for 3 weeks and i felt great coming back into smoking. just take it when you feel its necessary,

Sems~

5. wow
    thats what makes me feal like i dont even need it and that im just psyching my self out and shit (i get paranoid a lot) haha

6. ya im actually near the end of one now (saturday i will end the t-break) and it was pretty tough the first week or so but it gets a lot better, i just preoccupied myself with work, going to the gym more, hobbies like painting and photography, and i even started working on a website. so its not too bad. i would keep going if i had more will power but a month is long enough.

and plus now i can look forward to lighting up again and enjoying the high ill be getting.

so go for it! it will be well worth the reward. plus i suggest that you stock up on weed during the break so you can have a lot to come back to, but only do it if you have some cash and are able to control yourself. otherwise it wont work.

(within the month i bought an eight every week and just kept saving you do the math.)

7. ive been on a 10 day hiatus from mary jane. i get my paycheck friday, so let's just say it's definitely not money in da bank.

8. haha and try not to get paranoid, it pays off in any situation. if you think someone knows your stoned, good, let them wonder what its really like, they're missing out :D

Sems~

9. I think its definitely good to take t-brakes sometimes Im taking a small one right now. so try it out see how it works.

10. if i didnt hang out with friends that smoked all the time i would try to take a small break, but i plan to eventually. good luck with it, the first week is always the hardest, but you'll feel good for doing it when your done.

11. forget the cigs. Play video games or something.

12. Why not just put the money you would've spent on an 8th into a jar every week and buy in larger amounts when you can smoke again? Then you wouldn't be toking on buds that are an extra month old (not that that's a problem if you store it right) plus you get a bunch more. That $200 from 4 8ths can buy you more than a half ounce if you do it all at once...

13. If I was trying to take a break, the last thing I would do is go on GC. Every time I come here I feel like hitting my vape.

14. Yep I only come here when I have or am stoned, other then that, bad memories lurk on every post when you dont have or need a tbreak..:(

15. yeah i cant come here without wanting to light up. i ussually get on here before im about to smoke so it makes me want it even more haha.. like foreplay hahaha

so long mary :wave:

16. judging from the number of posts you have, you must smoke A LOT.

17. okay i never went on the break haha. i fucking ask 5 people for a dollar everyday at school to get a blunt.. so im chaning my question to this lol

if i just keep going until i completely fucking burn out and THEN i take like a month break... is it possible to go back to the highs i use to get?

im always scared i wont, just paranoid because i loved those highs sooo much. but i still love the high i get now too.. you know? i know im not getting near as high but its totally different high and i still enjoy it a lot, i just dont want to feal like ive lost those old ones forever haha

18. Haha man, don't worry about it. Go with a break.

Relax, don't call any of your connections, find something else to do with your time, go out a litte, hang around and home, keep busy and enjoy sobriety for a while.

When you come back, you'll find that you've probably saved up a fair bit of money and you can splash out on some good quality weed to hanve a pleasant return to smoking.

It'd be a lot better than scraping a tiny bag a week, trust me.

Good luck =)

PS.

You say you don't wanna feel like you've lost your old ones, if you do a t-break for a while, save your money you could probably have enough after a month to come back, even buy a new glass bong or something, some good weed and enjoyyyy. Get in there ^_^.