Need a semi-cheap, small setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Perfekt, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Hey guys!

I am pondering to grow next year or not. I will probably be living in an apartment, but anything is better than the dorms :D. All i need is a plant that will service me and maybe one or two friends. We smoke about once or twice a week. If i do live in an apartment i will need a way to keep the smell down, and have a fairly small setup, any ideas?? thanks!

2. You may want to look into rubbermaid grows. they are small and work pretty well.
    how much money are you looking to spend on the whole setup?
    how much are you looking to yield?
    would you plan on cloning? if so you can use another grow box and clone when one set goes into flowering( double the ammount of harvests)
    my gallery has a few picture of my temporary veg box with 2 white widdow clones so check it out.

3. i live in an apartment. ive spent about $250 total and my setup is complete. i built the frame of a grow box in my closet and it holds 4 plants. if thats in your price range i can show you how i did mine.

4. Im in the same boat...ill be moving into an Apt soon and plan on growing just enough to supply me and a few of my friends. Spending 250 wouldnt be to bad...i dont plan on growing too much i just want enough to make me happy. Im sure we are both open to any ideas? Personally I am open to all information...(soil type, lighting, closet vs open space etc.) Feel free to explain anythign, I am in great need. Thanks!

G

5. buy a really good hps light for 200 and spend the $50 on 3 pots, soil, and very little nutes. for the box save money and use cardboard. at first the smell will not bother but when it starts, save up money and buy a carbon filter. grow your plants using the scrog method. dont expect weed at first. and dont harvest your plants early. if you dont you could get up to 300 grams!! ya awesome, good luck:hello:

6. For this type of situation I always recommend growing Lowryder...quick, fairly easy to grow, and decent yeild for the amount of work you have to do. Plus, you can grow a bunch at once since they dont get very big.

7. ok, this is the basic shit i needed to purchase in order to build my grow box in my apartment.

250W HPS from insidesun.com: $100
    2 powerful AC computer fans: 45
    1 small desk fan: 10
    total lumber used to frame the box: 25
    12 pots, 3 different sizes, 4 of each: 20
    5 big ass bags of cheap soil: 5
    box of contractor trash bags: 15
    package of velcro (15'): 18
    staple gun: 15
    duct tape: 5
    screws for frame: 5
    scissors & magnifying glass: 5

total is $278. i know i predicted $250, sorry forgot the computer fans. this list also assumes you already have access to a power drill and you will be using cardboard that the light was shipped in. you guys want some pics of it?

8. heck yea...post them bad boys!

9. that setup sounds good... im in the same situation as perfekt. i dont have a lot of money to spend, so the lighting is an issue. the HPS light setups are very expensive. The bulbs i can hande, but its the ballast and reflector that you plug em into thats the problem.. anyway i can plug a HPS into a normal hanging light and kinda make my own reflector?

10. no no no no no, have you ever seen the bulbs???? if you can make it fit you deserve a free hps. well any way if you want to save some money on lights and your not a total retard(you will be working with electricity) you could wire your own from a ballast, a mogul socket and wire.
    http://www.1000bulbs.com/products.php?cat=400-Watt-High-Pressure-Sodium
    that is a link to a 400 watt hps ballast and it costs $60. you will also need the mogul socket(about $5).

11. i will post the pics of my room and how i assembled it. right now i am transplanting my pots, but do expect those pics in a few hours.