Need a quick answer...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Keeganator, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Heya!

My plant has been havin a wee bit of trouble lately. The tips of all the leaves are turning yellow/brown and the leaves are curling towards my light. Im pretty sure i have just overwatered, but im wondering if theres anything i can do for a quick recovery...other than not watering. Any help would be great!

2. how old? are you vegging or flowering? what kinds of nutes, and how much are you feeding? pH?

the more info you can provide the better. my first advice is to check the pH. for soil, keep it between 6 and 7. also, don't over feed with nutes (common mistake for most). someone else may have more specific answers, but more info helps.

3. Does not sound like over water. More details please

4. My white widow is 25 days old, and has been vegin under a 125w CFL for about 15 days. I am growing in potting soil i got from my grow store (local brand) that has 25% worm castings. I havnt been adding any nutes yet, i figured the worm castings would be pretty good for a while.

I think my problem must be pH if its not overwatering, considering ive yet to check my pH. Whats the easiest way to adjust pH if its off without buying a bunch of Up and Down? Thanks for the help!

5. growing without a ph meter is a really bad idea, hannah makes some OK cheapo ones, just need to calibrate it often

a good one is pricey and usually waterproof so if you drop it into your water it wont short out...

I use a cheap one myself. cost $22 and I calibrate it a few times a month, though it rarely needs adjustment

ph up and down from a grow store should only run you about $10/quart or so and that'll last a long long time, well worth the investment imo because it's made for plants

6. thats a good call. I think ill just bite the bullet and get one. Especially since i checked my plant this mornin and it was not lookin too hot...im worried for the little fella

7. Hey man here is your problem, the 25 percent worm castings is most likely to hot for WW. WW is one of the most nute sensitive strains out there. Next time it is completely dried out and ready for some water give it a good flush with 2-3 times the volume of water over pot size. Remember not to feed it for a while. When you get the time and funds pick up a good digital pen to check pH that could be slightly off as well.

For now I hope they make it. Get pics up of them when you can.

8. sounds like a plan! i'll let ya know how it all works out, Thanks for the help!

9. alrighty, things have turned nasty in the last few days...

Since i had watered a solid amount the day before i started this thread, i havnt flushed out the soil like u suggested VTEC but i did test the pH and it was around 6.0/5.9 ish. Checked the girl today and she looked like this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]...yikes!:eek:

So after i took these i did flush the soil with oodles of distilled water, hopefully that will put her right. If not, should i use pH up/down to correct it or try to find better soil that is less hot? I guess the real question is, will Pokey survive?? I hope this hasnt been a lethal encounter...

Thanks!

10. Yeah looks like it is burned. It should survive. The flush was essential. When it dries out to 2 good inches below the soil surface, go ahead and flush again.

Then yes, get some pH up. I think you need it. Perfect is about 6.5 but, 6.2-6.8 should suffice.

11. my plant has undergone similar problems...i flushed once, but i guess i should do it again. good advice.