Need a New TV Series to Watch

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Dawq902, May 4, 2012.

1. Ok so I have seen every episode of:
    - Nikita
    - Weeds
    - Breaking Bad
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - Trailer Park Boys
    Maybe others I can't remember at the moment

So based off these do any of you blades have a good recomendation? Criminal activity, violence, action and humor based shows would be preferable.

2. Angry Boys

3. I've seen Angry Boys before and was not really a fan and Sports does not sound like something I would be interested in.

4. Really? Sports has violence and criminal activity and humor and sadness and suspense and happiness. It's the best tv there is

5. Your loss

6. The Shield is an awesome crooked cop show. It's got 7 great seasons. If you liked Sons of Anarchy, then you will like this. It's written by the same people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHXl8GMdrc]The Shield Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXGhjQCIo2Q]Supernatural Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Supernatural, awesome show.

2 brothers, go around killing demons, monsters, vampires, etc.

The series get's really awesome later on, where the apocalypse happens, and they have to battle lucifer and angels and stuff like that.

Plenty of violence action and humor to boot. :)

8. Thats the show they play right after Nikita and I never gave it a chance. I will have to check it out.

9. The Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones
    The River
    Hell On Wheels

10. Shameless (U.S. Version)
    Entourage
    Rookie Blue
    East Bound & Down(Danny McBride version)

11. Sounds like you would enjoy The Wire.

12. Parks and Recreation is pretty funny, imo.
    I watched all 4 seasons in like 2 weeks. (I have no life. ;))

13. The Sopranos
    Third Watch
    Squidbillies
    Aqua teen hunger force
    Hell on wheels
    Walking dead
    Six feet under
    South park
    Beavis and butthead
    The simpsons
    King of the hill
    Lie to me
    30 rock
    Third rock from the sun
    Malcolm in the middle
    Life and times of tim
    Rockos modern life
    Rugrats
    Ren and stimpy show
    Law and order (any of them)
    Greys anatomy
    Bobs burgers
    Dexter
    That 70's show
    Jericho(cancelled series coming back on netflix)
    Lillyhammer(netflix)

^ a few the wife and I liked....

14. #17 ZigZagZodiac, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    Breaking Bad and Dexter

Edit: Just read the op.. But check out dexter

15. I have heard good things about Dexter and the plot sounds interesting. I will have to give it a watch.

16. Best crime show ever made, imo.

17. The Shield is fantastic. Definitely watch it if you liked Sons of Anarchy. I guess they don't really have too much in common, but the "vibe" is kind of similar and they have a lot of the same actors/writers.

I avoided it for a long time because I thought it was just a typical procedural cop show, but it's so much more than that. And the finale... dude... one of the best final episodes I have ever seen, hands down.

I see a lot of people mentioning The Wire... I'm just starting that show myself. I've only seen 2 and a half episodes so far and I have to admit that I find it very boring... but I'm hoping it'll pick up. I've been told that I should stick with it until at least the 9th episode, and if I'm not hooked by then, I'll give up. :p

As far as other shows you should watch...

Dexter
    Battlestar Gallactica (if you like sci-fi... or hell, even if you don't, it's a great show)

Burn Notice is one that I really like. It can get pretty cheesy sometimes, but they know that it's cheesy and I think they play off it damn well. Plus, Bruce Campbell.

Firefly? Duh. I mean, just duh. Fucking Firefly! If you haven't seen it, it's a must-watch.

As far as comedy shows...

Arrested Development is an obvious one. Everyone should see that show all the way through at least once if not several times.

Parks and Recreation is one of the best comedies on TV these days. The first season is kind of slow, most people agree that it really hits its stride in the second season.

Archer, if you like animated comedies. Awesome show.

Justified. That ones not a comedy, it's kind of a... violent drama with a western edge. Don't let the cowboy-ness turn you away. Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins play off each other awesomely.

I think I've run out of recommendations for now.

WAIT. You've seen Game of Thrones, right? :p