Need a little help with my baby

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joeyjojo892, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Hi. I'm new here and new to growing.

I was given a strain of kush that as you can see in the first photo, wasn't doing too good. I put her in soil, some Scott's premium potting mix i got at the garden center of a store. I'm sure it's not what i should have used but as you can see from the photo i needed to put her in soil asap and that's all i could find.

I put her under two cfl bulbs. 6500K, 1600 lumen each. I have the lights on a 18/6 cycle . I would have them on 24/0 but my closet is right next to my bed and i can't sleep with the light. I'm moving to a place with a large closet that isn't near my bedroom that i'm going to turn into a grow room so i can put her under 24/0 sometime next week.

What i'm looking for help on is what you see in the second photo. She grew a lot in 3 days and she's much perkier but she's turning yellow. I'm not sure if iv done something wrong (burnt her maybe?) or if its just a result of the condition she was in when i got her.

Any help on how to keep her alive would be appreciated. Sorry if i forgot any info you need to know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. I didn't cut her up...she was given to me that way. Oh, and she's dry...like extra crispy kinda dry. She was abused...i hope not beyond saving.

2. wow man.

well it looks like she did get better after getting soil.

if shes still green at this point ide say shes gonna make it.

itl take some time to start showing progress ide think, shes gonna try real hard to fix herself before growing again. i think shes saveable though.

3. #3 Revolution, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
    Clones need lots of Nitrogen. Buy some nutes with a good nitrogen ratio in it and give it to them once or twice a week at 1/4th strength. If they take well to it, feed it to them once a week from then on. But if you see nute burn then lay off the nutes for a while.

Edit: Try and keep the humidity up too.

4. Iv been waiting on the guy who gave me her to give me some nutes...im thinking he forgot. I can get some 20-15-20 for free, would that be good enough or should i go shopping?

5. Thanks krokislegend and revolution...shes doing great. Id post a pic but i lost my camera when i moved.