need a little advice on my set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by triton32, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Ok so to start things off i have a 22 in tall and 14x14 width and depth cabinet I plan on making into a nice little scrog box. I am wondering what to use for and where i can get a decent screen. also i know i need a pot that is wider than it is tall but im thinking maybe a square pot of some sort maybe a 12x12 or a 13x13 but not sure on how tall a pot like that should be for a decent plant to grow so if anyone could lead me onto the right path for that also. any advice and thought will be greatly appreciatedso thanks in advance to those who lend some helpfull advice, peace.

2. screens can be made from anything... pvc and weed wacker line are a favorite of mine-- cheap and effective.

For pot size there's a general rule of thumb 1 gallon per foot of growth... but scrog complicates that a bit. It really depends on how wide and low you get the girl... I personally like 1.5 gallons per foot of scrog.

3. As friedguy mentioned, you can use anything that forms somewhat of a grid and holds plant matter down to a specified height.