Need A Decent Portable Vaporizer. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ohheyyitsalexx, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I need your help. I'm on the search for a decent portable vaporizer that I can use on school campus without getting busted. I need something easy and quick to use, and discreet enough to use either outside or in the bathrooms. Now before you say anything, I'm not trying to get high in school. I have chronic IBS that tends to hit me out of no where, so if it weren't for weed, I'd never leave the house. If you have any suggestions let me know! Thank youuu :)  

2. #2 lwien, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  3. #3 Fatstogie, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    im assuming you looking to vape flower not wax?  If so it seems the tvape is the top dog.  I dont have one yet to say yes or no but thats what the word on the street seems to be.  But as you see by the above response getting info out of some people is like pulling fucking teeth.  Theyd prefer you go read 1000 pages instead of typing for 30 seconds....

4. #4 lwien, Jul 9, 2014

The T-Vape is not top dog when it comes to portable vaporizers.

If you would take the time to scan (not read a 1000 pages of text), you would know that portable vaporizers encompasses more vaporizers than just pen vapes and that while the T-Vape is the best pen vape for flowers, it is FAR from the only great options that are available in the discreet portable vaporizer category.

I also gotta add that with over 9500 posts here, do you honestly even remotely think that the only info I give out is a link to the FC site.    Pulling teeth?   You've got to be kidding me.

You know @[member="lwien"] is a really good resource of information and knowledge here. He does post up the links to FC a lot, but you know its beneficial for anyone who's going to buy a vape to look at. If I had looked over that page before I started looking to buy a vape, I probably would have made an more informed decision. 

The reason those links are posted obviously is for people to go and read them and figure out if the vape is for them. At FC the users scrutinize vapes to their very cores, point out the problems quickly, and even manufacturers beta test products with the folks at FC. It would work out better for the person if they read over a bunch of user experiences that are critical and not just "oh its awesome buy it!".

So before you start knockin' on someone posting a link to knowledge, understand that its in the best interest of the OP. I know I can't give any feedback on the T-Vape, but I know the folks over at FC can.

To the OP, I've been recommending the MFLB and Firewood vapes as those have worked out very well for me. They're not for everyone, they're made of wood, and they're manually controlled, but they get the job done for me nicely. 

7. #7 GrandpaJonRedSox, Jul 9, 2014
    You can use a Puffit vaporizer right out in the open, you could even  use it in class. The Puffit doesn't give you big hits but it does deliver enough THC to be effective in fighting my rather severe social anxiety disorder. My wife like using the Dragon Lite in the bathroom at work and you can get decent hits off that and it leaves very little odor.
    The Arizer Solo gives the biggest hits of any portable I am aware of, but it would not really fit your needs. The most stealth vape is by far the Puffit but the Puffit doesn't really get you high, it just delivers a small amount of THC to help medicate you. It might work well for you. Just don't be expecting to get big hits from it because that ain't gonna happen.
    I also hear good things about the Pax, though I don't own it so I can't really say much about it.
    I like to add a battery to my Underdog and use that as a portable but there is no way you could do that at school. Look into the Puffit if you are just trying to medicate yourself, if you are trying to get stoned you will want something that delivers bigger hits.
    Iwien knows his shit. Follow his links and his advice. He won't steer you wrong. I am just an old pot head don't take anything I say too seriously.

8. I would recommend you take a look at the Pax and the Ascent. they are probably the two stealthiest and discreet portable vaporizers currently on the market. Whats great about the Pax is that it has a huge chamber, so you can load it up at the beginning of the day, and it will last you a while!

While they are both good vapes, they both primarily work in conduction mode with no way to instantly apply or remove heat and as such, they have a tendency to smell more than vapes that use other methods of vaporization, and they also suffer in the efficiency department because of the same issue.

But if the smell along with the efficiency factor is not an issue for you, they both have a lot to offer.

10. Well I would recommend something like the Firefly or the MFLB, both of which are heated instantly, but I thought stealth would be a priority over heat time. In my opinion, even with the heating times and smell factored in, the Pax is more portable than the MFLB or Firefly(even though I think the Firefly is a better overall vape). Plus, the Pax's heating chamber is a lot bigger as well.

Yup.   If one wants to pack a lot of bud into the heating chamber and they want a really stealthy form factor, the PAX is hard to beat.    But in regards to stealth use, the smell factor, in my opinion, is just as important as the form factor.

12. @[member="thevaporclub"] @lwien Can you use the pax with dry herbs/flowers? I vaguely remember seeing it once, and was wondering if it was any good. My biggest concern is the smell part. I also would like something that heats up rather quickly, in case I'm cutting it close to class. I know a lot of people are going crazy over the G pen right now, but I don't want to buy something that will leave me disappointed. 

13. Yes the pax is made for dry herb, and works reasonably well in terms Of efficiency. The thing is it takes around two minutes to heat up, and the smell could potentially be a problem. Something like the Firefly or MFLB will
    Be better to hide the odor. If you want to read my personal review on either of the two, check out my site in the sig.

14. Check fuckcombustion.com on this but I am pretty sure most all of the pen vapes burn the weed and don't actually vaporize it, if that matters to you. I don't know about the smell though, but the would be something you could like hit under your covers. Don't discard the hitting it under your covers idea. Just say you want to rest for a few minutes and hit it. This worked for me with a one hitter back in the day there is no reason it won't work for you now. A vape pen is probably a good idea if you don't care if you are combusting or vaping. I think I heard the tvape is a pen vape that doesn't combust flowers just vapes them, but I own no pen vapes so I can give you no details about them but fuckcombustion.com has great forums check those. If you don't care if you are smoking or combusting I think you are really onto something with pen vapes. Let iwien chime in on this though he a vape god.

15. I do not own the firefly but I hear nothing but good things about it and it has little smell. I own the MFLB and it has very little smell but they might be weird to hit under your covers. A vape pen you could hit under you covers easily. Do not discount the stealth of hitting shit under you covers. The sheets cover more smell than you would guess.

16. @[member="GrandpaJonRedSox"] Haha "vape god"  :p  I mean, I know vaping is better than burning.. but honestly I'm just in for the portability right now. I'd prefer something that actually vapes, but if not it's no biggie. I'll look more into the ones suggested so far.. thanks you guys! :)

17. The under the covers idea is only needed if you plan on smoking with a non smoking room mate in the room with you. If there is no one else in the room with you you won't have to worry about the smell with most vapes. I can tell you for sure the Arizer Solo would be fine for example if there is no one in the room with you when you use it. There is a smell but it goes away pretty quickly with all the vapes I've owned. I don't know about the Pax though I hear that gives off way more smell than most others. The least smelling one I own is the Magic Flight Launch Box but it does not give you real big hits. The hammer is another good choice if you are not planning on using it with others in the room. The hammer gives off a faint butane smell which totally masks the weed smell but it doesn't really fuck with the taste. If you are not planning to smoke with other non tokers in the room the hammer is a great option for you. The Hammer gives you massive hits with almost no weed smell. If you plan to hit it with a non toker in the room a vape pen under your covers is probably the way to go. I wish they had vape pens back in 1994 my freshman year in college. They would have been way easier to use under my covers than a one hitter. But I got away with a one hitter you can surely get away with a vape pen.

18. Look into the hammer too if you are not planning on smoking with non tokers in the room with you.

19. Budget? I've owned both the mflb and davinci ascent now, both very good in their own ways.

The ascent blows the mflb out the water for me though but when you consider the price difference there's good reason it should.
    Sorry to hear about the IBS too

20. Well I finally did the math, and I'd like to spend no more than $200 right now. Later on though, I'd like to get a more permanent vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum