Need A Bit Of Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by swiggityswag, Jun 22, 2014.

1.      Hello everyone, i've been lurking without an account for awhile up until now. I've currently got a grow going currently with 200+ watts of cfls and a few fans and am looking to upgrade into a full setup. I've already got nutrients and what not under control but i need a new box. Led lighting has recently interested me due to their low energy cost/low heat. I've already spent countless hours searching for reliable info and insight on what to buy, with no solid answers. So i decided i'd make an account and give you experts a shot.  :devious:

I would first off like to possibly get some insight on whether to go the hid route or buy a nice led light...either way i'm looking for around 400 watts. Will i see a big difference in these two options? Should i try and go led because the heat is less of a pain? I've also heard leds produce more potent fruits/veggies. I am also going to need to purchase a new tent as well 4x2x5 with proper ventilation and in-take, outtake. So far looking around ive found these items

Hid option:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-Horticulture-400w-600w-1000w-Watt-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-System-Set-Kit/180933709019?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D22696%26meid%3D7803872439224535313%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D9176%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D200639902523&rt=nc

(I would be going with the inline duct reflector option totaling it at $134.75, which doesnt seem to shabby)

Tent:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydroponic-Grow-Growing-Tent-Box-Room-Greenhouse-System-Mylar-4-x-2-x-5-/121369191260?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item1c422ae35c

(does anybody know if this looks like a good one?) o.o

As far as carbon filters and inline fans go..i'm pretty lost so any links would be appreciated..
    Other than that I would appreciate any feedbackk!!! :smoking:

2. 230 views and no replys? :( i know i'm new and all but damn..

3. Dont bother with LED, they are wimpy toy lights.

Get the 600w HPS and use the dimmer if needed.

If you must have a tent get a little bigger 3x3 or 4x4.

If you want big buds fast consider hydro over soil.

If you can use a whole room do!

4. Hey man thanks for the input i've seen you a-lot on the forums.. this king size joint goes to you my friend.
    I'm really looking into a 400w hid setup, is there a big heat difference between the two? 400 and 600 that is.. 
    Also do you have any idea on yield differences between the lights 400w and 600w? I'm looking to run auto mazars for my first go to get me some quick medicine and then go with a full flowerer. Any insight on a good potent autoflower?

Overall thanks for the first reply. :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    No lie heat is more but its worth the yield. to grow a pound with a 400 you have to do a almost perfect job. with a 600 its a lot easier.

I like 1,000s myself.

Autos ..Blue mammoth has done me well , berry bomb was smaller but stronger. my white rhinos are rocking.critical was good, amnesia was good.dark devil was bad ass and looked cool. so many I cant remember them all.

The place to get some good seeds.
    http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/

6. So is running ac to a 600w hid a must? thanks for the further help and link for a reputable seed bank...i was looking into dutch...something i forget the name. It was something like 60 euros for 10 seeds is that normal?