Need a bit of help with shrooms *pics*

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by rockbass, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Hey blades,

So my green hookup gave me some shrooms to try, not a ton just 2.5g. He didn't give me any info on them except for saying they were pretty decent. I really know nothing about them, seeing as I've only popped a few back at some parties years ago. I guess I'm just wondering if these look legit to anyone who's shroomed in the past? The ones I've had before are white, these on the other hand are dark brown with some green and teal blue hues. There's a few caps (if that's even important, I have no idea) and some stems and other miscellaneous parts. If they do look like a legit strain, how many would be a good amount to eat to start with, how long to expect for the high, etc... Also, should I keep them in the bag or let them dry up, or does it matter?

I know I don't have a lot quantity-wise, but I'm the kind of person that likes to ease into stuff I'm not familiar with. Some people like to be hit hard, but I just like to chill and let the highs come on as is. I am familiar with the mood aspect of taking shrooms in order not to have a bad trip, I just wasn't sure on the other things.

So yeah, here's some pics, just from my webcam. Thanks for any info you can give, it's appreciated.

Oh yeah, and I am aware of the "Psychedelics - The Perfect Guide For Beginners" thread on here, but ty if you were gonna mention it! These were just a few things I couldn't find answers to, including my pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. these do not look legit to me. if they were i sure as fuck wouldnt eat them:eek:

3. Your best bet would be to go to shroomery and ask there.
    One test I do know though is to bruise a shroom, and see what color you get from it.

Also, resize your pics. They are a little large.

4. They look eaither really dirty or starting to rot :confused:

I've never seen any legit shrooms like that but your best bet is the shroomery as someone else already said..they know they're stuff.

5. Im not an expert on shrooms, but those dont look edible to me...Personally i wouldnt eat them

6. #6 rockbass, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009

Yeah, they look dirty, but they're clean, just picked 2 days ago...It's odd. They definitely don't look like anything I've seen or tried before. Apparently some guy he knows grows them in jars in his closet or something. Either way, at least I didn't pay for them. But I'm still learning about shrooms in general so that's why I thought I'd ask. I'll check with the shroomery though, thanks blades.

7. 2 days ago? The stems would most likely be white with a goldish cap if they were that young. I have never seen cubes like that. They look rotted but ya i don't know about those. How much do you trust this guy?

8. Yeah just be sure they're legit, especially since they're free, no loss eaither way so unless your positive no reason to risk getting sick or worse over free mushrooms :p

9. Yeah man, I've been browsing around the web and these just look shitty to me. But you never know unless you ask, ya know? As far as trusting the guy, he gets really good weed, but this is the first time he's ever had anything else. And he just said "Hey, I got these on a trade, I had a few and they were pretty nice, try them out!" I've known him for years and years. But the guy he got them from, no idea.

10. Those look really old and gross dude, i wouldnt eat those cubes but i would post those pics up on shroomery and see what they say

11. Use your discretion. Don't wanna be regretting things in the mornin. But you don't wanna waste fungus at the same time. Good luck on your decision maybe talk to your guy see if you can find out more about em.

Growin some myself here in a bit.

12. It looks like someone ate those and then shat them out...

13. Those look rancid, but I have never seen shrooms like those :(

14. Disgusting. They're rotting. Whoever picked those did it maybe a month or two ago.....

15. They look like death, straight up.

I dunno, nasty man its not worth dying over, because then you can never shroom again.

16. Oh, totally man. Like I said, I just have very little knowledge of shrooms and sometimes asking those who do is the path to enlightenment. :)

thanks everyone, throwin' in the trash now. done and done.