need a bit a help please

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Treacle, Aug 25, 2009.

1. hi all im new to the form and looking for a little help i have just got my self a grow tent thats a meter sq i got a 600w light is that to big for the space? and i got a carbon filter and i have set it up but dont no if i need duckting on it and if i do were do i fix the duckting to please help as i have some train wreak on the go cheers

2. That light might be a bit powerful for a beginner in that tent. You could definitely make it work though. You are going to need some serious ventilation. The only reason you would need ducting is if you planned to move the filtered air out of the room or out a window. Will you have room to install the filter inside your cabinet? I'm going to assume you won't be able to, so you will need a fan hooked up to your exhaust outlet with the filter on the opposite side. The air will be sucked through the fan, and out the filter. If you can fit the filter inside, hook up the filter so the fan sucks up the air and pushes it through the filter. How many plants do you plan on growing?

3. brill cheers for your help mate well im growing too at the moment 1 i am going to mother up so i can take cuttings and the other i was was going to put it into flower in about a month and a half i was thinking 4 to 6 plants is that to many or could i do more?

4. its going to be over 95 in your tent unless you have the light fixture itself air cooled. Does it have vents for air cooling?

I have a 600w in a 4x4x6.5" tent now and my temps are 88 light on no exhaust, 79 with one 80cfm fan pulling air from the fixture and shooting it outside. And 1 150cfm fan exhausting the room when temps top 80.

I got 2 240cfm (yes 240) 4" inline fans in the mail yesterday. They are completely unknown to the growing community as well. I'm going to do a write up after I test them so everyone can reap the benefits.

I got 2 of them, for $52 shipped, they put out over 180cfm easilly and only use 12v.

One will be direcing cool air into my glassed light hood, the other will be exhausting air from the hood and shooting it outside. Should have a pretty drastic affect on the heat coming from the light.

5. hi there cheers for your help yer the tent has a few hole's for air cooling i only have a normal house hold fan on the go at the moment i have the carbon filter running but do i need to put duckting on that then run that to out side and do i get a fan to suck air from out side in then ? sorry its all new this way i used to grow out doors

6. Can you post some pictures of your grown setup?

7. i can do mate they will be on in 20 min mate cheers for this

8. could some one tell me how to up load photos please

9. i have up loaded a few photos its getting done in a loft any help would be great thanks

10. www.photobucket.com

upload then paste the links beside "FORUM" in the thread. Or just email them to me and I will post them. Send a pm if you need.

11. #11 Treacle, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009