Need 2nd opinion on harvest readiness and reintroducing ferts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420FLASmoka, May 7, 2010.

1. Ok here's the dealio..

I flushed this girl probably 7 or 8 days ago, and have harvested probably 4-5 out of the 30+ colas that were fully ripe. I think I've got a good handle on how to tell the ripeness of a bud, especially using hair color vs trichome color, and how they quite often parallel. These buds, as you can see, still have white hairs mixed in the buds, so I'm guessing newer growth.

The trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few amber thrown in there, also some clear still noticeable.

When I flushed this plant, it was following the 3 weeks from first red hair sighting rule, and even stalled on that a lil bit, and I'm really starting to feel I might need to put new ferts in the soil.

Opinions? If you need any further pics, or info, just let me know :)

-

Attached Files:

• 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      File size:
      90.5 KB
      Views:
    • 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      100.3 KB
      Views:
    • 30.jpg
      30.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
    • 32.jpg
      32.jpg
      File size:
      106 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      108.2 KB
      Views:
    • 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      File size:
      73.9 KB
      Views:
    • 41.jpg
      41.jpg
      File size:
      91.7 KB
      Views:
    • 45.jpg
      45.jpg
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
    • 37.jpg
      37.jpg
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
    • 42.jpg
      42.jpg
      File size:
      104.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Oh and with this girl, I started in vegetative with miracle grow sphagnum peat and miracle grow perlite mix, then in flowering I used only organic ferts (organic soil mix).

3. Not sure what you're looking for. The read says you want to continue growing a plant that has 6-7 buds on it. At 1st I want to say that you are slowing down production by nursing the plant. But if you have a vegging area, you can keep nursing the plant until your seedlings are ready to flower. The other thing is you are going to uses as much food on those 6-7 buds as you did for the original 30+ buds.

Harvest the entire plant and start a new set of seedlings.

4. keep giving them water with no fertilizer they look ready to me i dont like all of my trichomes to turn amber, but thats a personal choice. looks like some good herb on your hands. good luck:smoking: