Nearly harvest time, a few questions

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Ventrue2, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I have 4 plants grown from seed from unknown mids. They vegged for 5 weeks and now have been in 12/12 for 8 weeks. I switched to pure Distilled water after the 6th week as I was expecting them to be harvest ready around 8 weeks. One of the plants has had most of it's white hairs turned orange, but when I check the trichomes(sp?), they are all cloudy or clear and none amber. In addition, This plants leaves are starting to yellow and wilt slighty.

So, is the trichome(sp?) development of this plant normal(as compared to the orange hairs)? Should I expect to see some turning amber soon, and should I wait for this before I harvest? Also, the yellowing and wilting I think is normal as the buds use up the last the the nutes in the leaves, correct?

2. Should be fine, all sounds correct. You can even harvest now but I like to wait until I have a cloudy/amber mix.

Good luck

3. Thanks, this is my first grow and somehow I have 4 decent plants close to harvest. I didn't want to make a mistake at this stage.