Near a large creek

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by finweLATEX, Jul 1, 2009.

1. hello, i have found an outdoor location that is really close to a large creek, i am a beginner i have never grown before, what i was wondering is will i have to dig up some sort of irrigation system from the creek, or should the soil be fertile. the grounds around the creek are very lush, full of plant life, and i live in the southeastern united states. any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2. I'm not a grower, but as far as I know, growing near a creek can be a good place, since the soil is fertile and moist, with lots of nutrients, or something like that. You'd have to watch out for flooding, though.

Think about using a pot, though, man. Just a large pot, then you can make your own soil, and even move it in an emergency or whatever.

Just a thought.

3. thanks man, thats a good idea!

4. I would be careful not to put it to close to the creek though. Creeks tend to attract animals and people.

5. Ya make sure it is away from any animal paths or walking paths. Plus if it is close, there is no need to set up any irrigation, especially for one plant, when you could just go water it yourself.