NC's Better Late Then Never Multi-Strain Soil Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by NCDROGRO, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Yeah I hear you there the previous grow with FFOF I had no problems a very very minor def about half way through but other then that it was all good no pH runoff probs or anything so I'm pretty convinced it was just a bad bag but it caused headaches that's for sure and could have cost me my plants which I'm not willing to take that chance again. Coco is another option I'm strongly considering.

Thank you yeah they are coming along slowly but surely. LOL yeah the odor is always somewhat of a issue I really need to get a new hood and hook up a carbon filter. But for now I just use a few Ona freshers to neutralize some of the smell but yeah same here as you when the central heat kicks on every once & awhile here & there throughout the house ya can catch a nice wiff :)

2. Ok super soil is a home mix? Where could I get the recipe?

3. That seems the way to go IMO but more experienced blades have a different opinion. Seems everyone has there favorite add ins like worm castings and such. So not to double type, check my other comment below

How big is your grow space? What kinda experimenting? Organic?

That's what concerns me about organic stuff. Not sure what's in the mix but I would be worried about it fermenting or spoiling so to speak. If you have more insight please share. You hear so much about how living organisms are important, do they have a long shelf life? Totally in the dark on that.

All I'm using is promix with added perlite. Like Homer said...it's a blank canvas. That's what I grew the purple kids in. Fed them Advanced Nutrients and thats it. Came out great IMO, many other people thought so too.....:D.
    This next round of soil kids I'm gonna us Roots Organic nutes. They were free so what the heck. If I like it I will continue to use that. The price is comparable to GH products. AN is way to high to keep using.

4. I love coco, just because it seems to be one of those blank canvas type of mediums, gona go check that promix out though. I just enjoy the versatility of coco, you can't over water, super airation, flush whenever I want to at break neck speeds, takes clones like a champ (no chamber, just snip and dip, done) roots go crazy in it, but I blab!

The problem I see with AN is the usage. Coco lets you overfeed like a mother, so I burned through bloom A+B two quarts for 6 plants... I think I need to start looking for a new cheaper liquid fert :p

NC! Your plants look killer bro, thick lush growth... I bet that WR smells amazing, I know the smell you speak of with sweet honey + fruit, both of my snow whites smelled like that in early flower :D (ww heritage im guessing?) Killer harvest incoming!

5. Check out Roots Organic bruh. I'm gonna give it a go in about a week or so

PRO-MIX 'BX' Professional

PRO-MIX 'BX' is a "General Purpose" peat-based medium that contains MYCORISE PRO, a beneficial mycorrhizal inoculum (Glomus intraradices). These microscopic fungi attach to and colonize the root systems working in symbiosis with plants. Endomycorrhizal fungi benefit the host plant by increasing acquisition of water and nutrients (especially Phosphorus, Copper and Zinc) by forming an extensive mycorrhizal root system. In exchange, the plant provides soluble sugars to the fungus. This symbiotic relationship between fungi and plant results in overall improved plant growth.

Major components
    -Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
    -Perlite
    -MYCORISE PRO
    -Vermiculite
    -Dolomitic and Calcitic Limestone (ph adjuster
    -wetting agent.

Just thought I'd share that with you good people.

6. The grow space is about 25x9x10 but I really only use a 1/4 or maybe a little more right now. Just some experimenting with super soil wise and yea all organic that's all I'll ever do. From what I've come across in my research and reading super soil will stay good for quite sometime you will end up using it up anyways before it has a chance to even start turning. Roots organics is top notch stuff from what I hear thats what I'll actually be using as my main mix for the super soil.

Here is subcools recipe I came across, I'm thinking about trying it and might tweek it a bit but it sounds like good stuff I think.

-8 large bags of high quality organic potting soil w/coco fibers & mycorrhizare(sp?)
    -25-50 lbs. of organic wormcastings
    5 lbs. steamed bonemeal
    5 lbs. bloombat guano
    5 lbs. bloodmeal
    3 lbs. rock phosphate
    3/4 cu. epsom salt
    1/2 cu. sweet lime (dolomite)
    1/2 cu. azomite (trace elements)
    2 tbsp. powdered humic acid
    one of those small kitty pools you get at your local retail store

pour a few bags of base soil into your mixing container first. making a mound,then pour the powder nutrients in a circle around the mound, then cover everything in another bag of soil.

In goes bat guano, then more soil. Add 3 gallons of water to each garbage can.
    let mixture sit in sun for 30 days for brewing & best concentration of your goods.

when ready to transplant your seedlings into its final grow bucket, fill half the bucket with the super soil (on bottom) then put the organic soil on top.
    As plants mature, roots push through the regular soil and down into the super soil to absorb all those nutrients needed for its life cycle. no extra fertilizers or blooming agents needed at all.

7. Hey what's up brotha Cali :wave: Thank you much appreciated yeah the smell is just insane you know what I'm talking about :D just keeps getting stronger & stronger too. Indeed WW & AK47 heritage. I hope it's a good harvest indeed atleast I won't have to chop them earlier then I want too like with the NL last time & was rushed through the trimming process due to family coming. These fine lady's will get the full duration & tender loving care this time around :cool::smoke:

Hope all is well out your way buddy, and hope you have a good weekend will talk to ya later on peace.

8. So all you have to do is water the plants and go eh? Know what I'm doing this spring. Can you set yours outside to cook or are you gonna use some of that space with a light over it?

9. Indeed just water & go it sounds like. Haha yeah I hear you there I may have to wait til then as well I won't be able to sit mine outside right now too cold. Although I suppose I could tarp off a section of the space with a light over it that's a idea, but it prob need to be something like a HID light over it though to get some heat not sure I want to make use of my electricity like that ya know. Looks like we both will have a project in the spring :D because this soil sounds like the bomb. Until I can start making up a batch of it, I prob will just use Roots Organics for the next grow w/ either their line of nutes or fox farms.

I'm digging that new sig brotha nice work :cool:

10. Thank you for complementing the sig. Wasn't trying to be fancy. Just wanted it to reflect what I'm doing.....growin' whatever I can get my hands on! LMAO

Definitely gonna do some of that soil this spring! It would be nice to set up a RO water drip and let er rip.

Peace to ya bruh

11. No problem haha I hear you nothing wrong with growing whatever ya can get a hold of, hell yeah I'm with ya on the soil it's a definite 10/4 brotha :D can't wait to put it to the test, will be nice not having to buy nutes & save moola :cool: yeah that's an idea it really would be nice to setup a drip system hmm.. another project it sounds like ;)

12. #52 NCDROGRO, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    Hey what's happening ya'll just a quick update w/ some pics on the girls ending week 5. Hoping to start seeming them pack on some real density these next 2-3 weeks! :D

Another interesting thing to mention is today I was giving them a watering & smelling around here & there as I like to do everyday :p I noticed the Sharksbreath (more sativa pheno) it's stretchy has a very interesting smell of strong fuel & what smells exactly like wet paint super duper strong smell :eek: seems by the smell atleast like this one should be quite a nice ride LOL we shall see. Well here are a few pics, I've set a tentative date of the 19th of Dec. for the chop give or take a few days possibly well see what the trichs look like in these next few weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Awesome pics bruh! Love the big ones, can really see those girls shine.

Wet paint? Oddly enough I like that smell LMAO!

Great green thumbing friend.

14. Great pics bruh, the girls are coming in hella nice. Looks like you will have a nice little present for yourself come Christmas :D

15. Thanks Amigo, LMFAO :D yeah wet paint it's awesome & kinda scary at the same time :p wish ya could get a whiff of it since your a fan of the wet paint smell heheh & some rips when it's finished. I've never had anything have this unique smell like wet paint before well see if that's in the taste when it's cured up.

Cali!! What's happening brotha? Thank you :) yeah I'm looking for some plump'in up now ;) Haha yeah while I plan on giving all this a good cure it will have a chance to cure up some by Christmas will have to set enough aside perhaps some Christmas cookies will be in order as well :D

Well I hope everything is going well fellas and hope you guys have a good week. Thanks for stopping in as always & checking things out always appreciated talk to ya guys soon peace.

16. #56 Norcali, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
    Happy turkey day D! Hope you enjoy the holiday, be well.

17. Hope your turkey day was good bro!! The girls look great :smoke::smoke:

18. Hey bro! Hope your thanksgiving was as good as mine! Wanted to let you know that those pics rock!!:D:smoke: I noticed a little solvent smell on my master. Weird:rolleyes: Looked at that thred and there a little to pricey this close to the end of the year. No telling though, I could change my mind tomorow,lol.:smoke:

19. Hey guys Thank you my Thanksgiving was good had a good time with the fam and ate lots of good food didn't feel so good afterward but it was top notch on the way down LOL :p Hope yours all was a good one as well.

Well we are getting closer & closer here until harvest the girls seem to be doing well, they are smelling awesome & still spitting out the trichs. The trichs are ranging right now from clear to cloudy more cloudy I'd say then clear with a few amber possibly here n' there.

I'm a more of a blast to the dome kinda stone at first then progressing to a couchlock so I harvest when about 20-30% trichs are amber atleast that's what I'm looking for. I've set a tentative chop date of either the 17-18th of Dec. which will put them at 60 days. The two LA Conf. however are a little behind the other girls & am planning to let them go another 2-3 weeks being they aren't such a heavy producer a little extra time will do them right I say :D

Well here are some pics of the end of week 6, my dang hands always start getting that itch for the hope about this time :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. It looks amazing[​IMG]:hippie:
    The group shot is the best, looks like a fat harvest coming soon:hello: