NCAA Sanctions unfair

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by kush70, Jul 24, 2012.

1. #1 kush70, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  2. I think the fine was the one part of the sanctions they got right. The rest was symbolic bullshit that doesn't mean anything in the end. Vacating Paterno's wins doesn't change the fact that multiple young boys were molested at PSU. You and I both know Paterno and Penn State won all those games, changing it in the record books doesn't, and can't change that.

3. yeah all the fines are fine in my opinion, however i agree.. that doesn't change the fact this Scumbag along with his cohorts took advantage of and hid the fact all these kids were molested

4. To me the worst part of it is the stripping of all wins.

It's absurd.

Every player who ever went to school there and won a game just had it ripped from him wether he likes it or not.

So many people's efforts were just erased by this bullshit.

5. [quote name='"Brenjin"']To me the worst part of it is the stripping of all wins.

It's absurd.

Every player who ever went to school there and won a game just had it ripped from him wether he likes it or not.

So many people's efforts were just erased by this bullshit.[/quote]

This. It affects the players more than anything.

6. I feel the ncaa got this just right. I'm so glad they took away his wins. I think Joe paterno is a scum bag and doesn't deserve to be the number 1 winningest coach of all time. He isn't a man, what kind of man puts football above protecting a monster and allowing him to continue to victimize children like that. He's a total scum bag and so are all the other ass hats that knew about it as well.

I agree that it might not be fair to the students who play football there but in the grand scheme of things get the fuck over it. You're still able to play football, scouts will still be able to watch them play and if theyre good enough they still have the opportunity to play in the nfl. Big whoop you won't be able to play in a bowl game. Cry me a river and go to a different school!!!

I'm only upset Joe isn't still alive to answer for his part in these horrible crimes.

7. very well said...

yeah the current students get the brunt of it - but hey thats the way it goes..

they can still play ball so what the fucks the problem?.....

8. Sure they can still play football, but they can't play in a bowl game or the B1G Championship game. It's unfair to the kids playing on the team now if they technically earn a bowl bid but can't play because of some dumbass years ago.

9. You all sicken me.

Would it be fair if you had to pay the price for what your ancestors did?

Would it be fair if you were turned into slaves because 3 people did something bad/wrong?

This is like that whole, 1 person in the class is a jackass, so now nobody gets recess.

10. The sanctions didn't go far enough, they should have gotten the "death penalty" as well because they're still going to be playing on TV, etc. - but not in the bowls.

11. They have to donate a seasons worth of football revenue to cover their fine; they would have been better off getting the death penalty.

12. It terms of a class, however, everyone is considered as a team that should be working together to find a solution. Although in a class room it does not have much significance, in the real world, working together is the only way to actually move toward a solution to our world problems.

13. Lol stripping him of his wins? Go for it, he and everyone else knows he won those games so I don't even think that matters. Maybe "on the record" he has no wins but he knows he won a lot of games.

I never followed this story because it's nothing new... Pedophilia exists?! No way!!

14. the ncaa had NO business getting involved with this. it oversteps their power..they are only there to make sure people have the grades to play and to make sure no one gets improper benefits...they have no jurisdiction over criminal matters.

secondly..this punishes NO ONE that was involved. sandusky is in prison, paterno is dead, and the other people that worked for the school have been fired and will be going to court too...this only punishes people who had nothing to do with it.

3rd i cant stand people blaming this on football...this had NOTHING to do with football. it was about protecting penn state the university, not protecting penn state the football team

i DO think the school should be punished...but that should come from the state legislature not some made up group called the ncaa who NEVER gets shit right

15. I hope the victims sue the shit out of the school and the Paterno family who inherited his fortune. It won't make up for their suffering, nothing can do that, but at least they'll get something.

16. They can sue the university, but I doubt anything against Paterno's family would stand up in court.

17. The lawyers probably set it all up in advance so that his heirs would get to keep all the money in his estate - but I hope the victims try, anyway.

18. it sickens you? lol thats HILARIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are they suppose to do ? nothing? like those kids were never touched?

thats not the way to solve shit - yeah the current kids get the shaft for it however it is INSANE and just plain stupid to do Nothing .....

19. [quote name='"Thunder Struck"']

You all sicken me.

[/quote]

Protecting pedophiles sickens me so were even :wave:

And to the people bitching about how none of those people who were involved are still there to feel the effects. How does that even matter? Did it matter with reggie bush and usc? They took their wins away and punished a football team and a coach that was not the original one.

Same thing here. There's gonna be some people that get the shaft a little. That's life, most of the time it is the action of a few that effect the many. I think in this case though its warrented.

I don't understand how you don't get that that university harbored and protected a fucking person raping little boys. I don't give a shit what they were trying to protect, football or the university. There had to be a punishment for that. They arent in trouble because of sandusky's actions, they got in trouble because of their own inaction and in this case I just can't feel sorry for them

20. #20 Thunder Struck, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2012
    Where did I say no punishment is deserved you fools?

Where did I protect anyone? I didn't did I?

Quit putting words into my posts.

The people involved have been fired, put in jail and are dead.

How does DENYING PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER seem fair? Huh?

Oh sorry 18 year old kid, but when you were 4/5 years old some old man touched a little boy so now that you are here at the school to play football, you can, but your program is being denied 60 million dollars and the chance at any playoff or bowl games for 4 years.

Yes, we know that everyone actually involved is dead, in jail or have been fired, but we want to punish you and everyone else at the school as well for the disgusting acts of a few which you had no control or idea of.

SEEMS LEGIT.

USC was stripped of everything because they PAID AKA CHEATED. Their ENTIRE PROGRAM and school was involved in PAYING FOR PLAYERS. PAYING players to play, GIVING them cars, apartments and houses. THAT directly involves the school, the program AND the NCAA. It violates rules, policies etc.

Penn State didn't cheat in anything. Everything they did in football was completely legitimate. Everything they did with recruiting was legit. Nothing effected the NCAA or the outcome of games.

Please continue.