Nba is rigged and garbage

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Fight evil, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Love the nba but playing back to backs in the playoffs. They clearly dont want lakers, mavs, or celtics to win this year, which they can. They even gona have back to back to back in the regular season. Just one but some teams will do it more than once and its obvious what teams they will pick. Also lolknicks.

Well atleast we have ball back, cant wait to see laker ball again.

2. what the fuck do you mean by back to back to back

back to back what?

3. I guess he means back to back games without a rest in between, which would bode poorly for older teams like the Celtics and Lakers who benefit from drawn out playoff series

But then again they cancelled like half the season, so hopefully guys won't be as worn out or injured come spring

4. Anytime the money becomes more important than the sport, I'll stop watching.

5. If anything, those teams will benefit more from the shortened schedule. Back to backs in the playoffs wont take as huge a toll on the Celtics and Lakers since hey start later and play 16 less games.

The NBA isn't he only sport that's rigged though.

6. They want the Heat to win and shit.. fuck em, let em live

7. ah well you probably stoped watching sports like 100 yrs ago... LOL nah i agree basketball football hockey nothing is like how it was in 80,s or 90,s when MEN played...

8. [quote name='"thefunkygiant"']
    ah well you probably stoped watching sports like 100 yrs ago... LOL nah i agree basketball football hockey nothing is like how it was in 80,s or 90,s when MEN played...[/quote]

Yeah all they have now are flopping young rich boys playing. I remember when I tired watching basketball when I was super high and it was like watching a video game. Every thing looked set up and I could tell what was going to happen next. Pretty tight and weird at the same time tho

9. It's rigged for the Clippers to make the playoffs this season!! Shortened season works to their advantage and if they pick up a free agent sf like Caron Butler or Shane Battier they will do work this season. You heard it here first. :cool:

10. [quote name='"sky dog"']I guess he means back to back games without a rest in between, which would bode poorly for older teams like the Celtics and Lakers who benefit from drawn out playoff series

But then again they cancelled like half the season, so hopefully guys won't be as worn out or injured come spring[/quote]

They only cancelled 16 games for each teamand the remaining 66 are cramped so they can actually get it going

11. The only time the league clearly "rigged" a game was in the '02 WCF Game 6. That's it. I'm sorry but you're an idiot if you think the NBA does so regularly.

12. So are you really trying to say the NBA doesn't want the Lakers or Celtics to win???

:confused:

13. The Celtics and Lakers win because they both have great front offices, scouts who help them draft wisely, they can spend more money than smaller market teams, attract FAs, etc etc. It has nothing to do with Stern or the refs.

14. they cancelled about a quarter of the season. normal nba season is 82 games, this year is scheduled for 66.

15. lies.

16. So I'm guessing you stopped watching during the era when mass media started to affect businesses, and people learned how to get make more money?

@ OP, I don't think it's rigged at all. It just sucks.
    Whoever has to most money can buy the best players, and there's only 5 people on the court, so even one super good player makes a difference.
    Right now, I can name teams that will be in the playoffs, and at least 2 will end up in the finals, that's how sad the organization is.

1. Celtics
    2. Lakers
    3. Bulls
    4. Mavs
    5. Heat

17. In response to the bold: what do you mean by "at least"? Will 3 or 4 teams somehow end up in the finals?

18. There's nothing wrong with back-to-back games. In fact, that's the best way to determine which team is better.

:confused:

Who gives a fuck which players are "older"?! Make em play ten games in a row, whoever comes out on top is better.

19. #19 TheDankery, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Why would whoever it is rigging games decide to screw over the Celtics, Lakers & Mavs? Lakers are a hugely popular team, definitely the biggest in the NBA and one of the top franchises in the US. Kids all over the world are wearing #24 jerseys.

They're not playing a full season. For older player, like Kobe, with knees that have over a decade of mileage on them, the 66 game season probably is a little easier on the body than the full 82 even factoring in the rare situation when they will play 3 games in 3 nights. Overall, they're on the road less and they have access to their own medical facilities at home more.

If anything they would rig it so high-profile, awesome match-ups between popular, big-market teams would play out in the play-offs. I mean the Lakers, Mavs & Celtics are huge. Why would the NBA try to screw themselves out of cash by throwing them under the bus? If you're so certain that the league is rigged, put your money where your mouth is and bet that these teams won't "win", whatever you mean by that.

If you really think the NBA's garbage, just don't fucking watch it.

If the schedule really favors the youngest teams, the ten youngest last year were

Minnesota Timberwolves
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    New York Knicks
    Washington Wizards
    Sacramento Kings
    New Jersey Nets
    Toronto Raptors
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Golden State Warriors

How many of these teams were in the playoffs last year? How many do you think will be in it this year? Think about it.

The oldest teams were

Atlanta Hawks
    Utah Jazz
    Chicago Bulls
    San Antonio Spurs
    Orlando Magic
    Boston Celtics
    Dallas Mavericks
    Denver Nuggets
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Miami Heat

How many of these teams were in the play-offs last year, and how many do you think will be in this year?

COME ON MAN!

20. [quote name='"TheDankery"']Why would whoever it is rigging games decide to screw over the Celtics, Lakers & Mavs? Lakers are a hugely popular team, definitely the biggest in the NBA and one of the top franchises in the US. Kids all over the world are wearing #24 jerseys.

They're not playing a full season. For older player, like Kobe, with knees that have over a decade of mileage on them, the 66 game season probably is a little easier on the body than the full 82 even factoring in the rare situation when they will play 3 games in 3 nights. Overall, they're on the road less and they have access to their own medical facilities at home more.

If anything they would rig it so high-profile, awesome match-ups between popular, big-market teams would play out in the play-offs. I mean the Lakers, Mavs & Celtics are huge. Why would the NBA try to screw themselves out of cash by throwing them under the bus? If you're so certain that the league is rigged, put your money where your mouth is and bet that these teams won't "win", whatever you mean by that.

If you really think the NBA's garbage, just don't fucking watch it.

If the schedule really favors the youngest teams, the ten youngest last year were

Minnesota Timberwolves
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    New York Knicks
    Washington Wizards
    Sacramento Kings
    New Jersey Nets
    Toronto Raptors
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Golden State Warriors

How many of these teams were in the playoffs last year? How many do you think will be in it this year? Think about it.

The oldest teams were

Atlanta Hawks
    Utah Jazz
    Chicago Bulls
    San Antonio Spurs
    Orlando Magic
    Boston Celtics
    Dallas Mavericks
    Denver Nuggets
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Miami Heat

How many of these teams were in the play-offs last year, and how many do you think will be in this year?

COME ON MAN![/quote]

Stern wants heat and lolknicks to win the next ten years, you think they careabout lakers, mavs, and celtics anymore?