Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nausea Anxiety

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by peeler, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hey guys-

I use this site a lot for whatever questions I may have about smoking, and I see a lot of threads about anxiety. I've been smoking for about two years now (on a weekly to daily basis), and I've just recently encountered a particularly unpleasant problem that makes me want to not smoke very often: I get anxiety about throwing up, even when I'm perfectly fine.

For example, I went to my friend's place the other day to smoke, and we decided to use the g-bong that he had just made. I was completely fine, was feeling great and ready to smoke. I took two hits, and the second hit was WAY too huge. I coughed up a god damn lung. I usually do feel nauseated when I go on a coughing spree, but then it will pass and that will be that. This time, though, the idea that I was going to puke tormented me. I've had problems with this same exact paranoia when I'm not high, and I know it's weird as shit. All I can think of is how embarrassing it's going to be to puke, and what my friends will think of me if I do. I freak out, lay down, close my eyes, but the feeling WON'T go away.

I never do puke, but it COMPLETELY ruins my high. It feels like a panic attack. The screwed up part is that panic attacks are known to cause nausea, so it's kind of like a vicious cycle. A lot of the threads suggest breathing exercises, realizing that everything will be fine.

Is there anything specifically that you guys can recommend to alleviate an anxiety of vomiting? Does anyone else experience this, as weird as it is? I don't think it's actual nausea, it's just the side effects of a panic attack.

Thanks!

2. ok, the thing is im my opinion is that you lay down, if you were to do something active you would get you minde off it, try that like gowing for a walk, playing a videogame, but not sitting and watching a movie.

that works for me

3. Self-help cognitive therapy. You have to re-train your mind to not give a fuck, and to realize that a little nausea is okay. Stuff works wonders, I use it all the time. You can find many useful sites by typing it in google.

4. You can't have these thoughts in your head at all when you smoke. Even if you aren't thinking about it,subconsciously you are. You have to get over it, make yourself know that it's anxiety and you are fine! Then you can toke up again, anxiety is all about the fight or flight system, look it up. If you are scared at all, you could have an attack. It took me a few weeks to get over it, but when I did I felt a lot better!