Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nausea and sleep deprivation reason enough?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by aTam, Dec 26, 2008.

1. #1 aTam, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2008
    I live in Ontario, and I've really considered making an appointment with my doctor and asking him about medicinal marijuana use.

I know the symptoms of nausea and sleep deprivation may seem minor when compared to those facing terminal illnesses, but I think I have a case.

All through high school I had nausea when waking up that was almost unbearable at times, and the only way I could avoid it would be to stay up all night and head off to school. Having this all the time in my life is something that has been a real drag, but I've never had any luck with say more "conventional" medicines.

I was once put on sleeping pills, and found them to be terribly addicting and tolerance building, so I had to quit when I eventually was just going to harm myself taking them trying to fall asleep.

As for my nausea, I've always taken tums, but they work so slow. Because I've generally never ate breakfast due to my nausea, I was not able to take other medicines that required food. I was extremely discomforting forcing myself to eat in mornings.

Basically, I take a single toke from anything and I feel like a normal person within maybe 2 minutes. I don't even have to get high to feel better, everything making me feel nauseous and accelerated in mindset disappears. I could just toke, fall asleep. Wake up, toke. I'd take me longer to brush my teeth.

I'm not too familiar with the system in Ontario for getting a card, or if you even can. But I really feel I should qualify, after all it enables me to live a normal lifestyle without skipping meals, pulling all nighters, and vomiting all the time.

Can anyone comment on what to maybe expect who are familiar with Canadian laws, more specifically Ontario? Any tips on making a better case?

2. #3 aTam, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
    Thanks for the quick reply, but this website is driving me mad.

I just want to know how to apply, and get the guide + form but the website keeps taking me in circles.

From what I gather, I print the application, fill it out, and send it to them? Why is this government website so poorly laid out?

Edit : I finally found it. If I was high right now, I'd have never found it.

3. lol glad you got it all sorted out!