Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nausea and shaking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SlightlyHigh, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Guys I still consider myself a noob but I have never really had an experience like this. I smoked a few bowls saturday and felt fine. A few hours later, I got extremely dizzy and actually ran to the bathroom to puke. I was extremely hot and my hands were shaking. What I can't figure out is, this was like an hour after the last bowl. I am trying to convince myself it had nothing to do with the weed. I even went to bed feeling like hell and woke up feeling like hell. Could it be my sinuses plus the weed? I have a pretty bad sinus infection.

Also, I took a very very small gravity bong hit this afternoon to see if it made me feel bat AT ALL, and I actually did have the dizzy shaky feeling for about 15 minutes. Could there be something wrong with this certain batch of weed that I got. This has NEVER happened before.

2. #2 tharedhead, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
    Are you currently on medication for your sinus infection?:confused:

What Yamoto said :)-but if you're taking a decongestent it may make you
    more likely to become ill when smoking, due to being dehydrating.

Also some antibiotics have neurologic effects (the quinolones) and you may wish to avoid smoking until you have finished the antibiotic.

3. Normal, normal, normal, everthing is fine, everything you experienced was normal. Unless you have some crazy ass disease nothing will happen to you if you toke

You just greened out man.

4. No not at all

Yeah your right. It's just weird because I have been smoking pretty consistently for the past 3 or 4 months and never had this experience. Is it possible that I am shaking/ feeling light headed because I'm thinking about it too much? Could my mind really fuck me that bad? ha

5. #5 tharedhead, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010

Yup. Psycogenic tremor is the fancy medical name for it. It happens when you become hyperaware of something that goes on in your body normally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremor

Tremors

6. juss got a lil green fever is what i like to call it

7. I think your problem was smoking too much and not eating. I think THC kicks your Metabolism in hardcore (Hence the wide use of body builders before drug testing in the sport) and if your metabolism doesnt have anything to process, it starts to process you fat cells wich does indeed have a small chance of sending you almost kinda into a diabetic fit.

I experienced this for several years, and then after much research that is the conclusion i have come up with. Just eat something. Proteins and Whole Grain Starches are the best for the stomache to break down when THC is helping it along. Stay away from the bad starches such as snack cakes, white bread, etc.

8. Haha the last time I smoked I got SO friggin nauseated I was having heat strokes and everything. The key is to CALM down and tell yourself it's okay and you'll be fine. You gotta do something to take your mind off of it though, clean out your bong or something, that's what I did. slow deep breaths also.

After that I went, lied down and laughed the rest of the night :D.

9. i've read that certain strains will tend to cause this effect, like white rhino? what's the word on this? i'm about to purchase some, but don't want this effect whatsoever! i've heard white rhino is pretty strong and i'm relatively new to smoking.

10. Sounds like you smoked too much. If I smoke too much I get dizzy and start to panic. You could also be dizzy from your sinus infection try doing a sinus rinse. It helps me when I have a sinus infection.